oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka Warnocks free agent bargain bin extravaganza

7 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Him or Karanka would be my DoF if I ever bought the club.

I don’t get the fascination of bringing in an ex manager / footballer as DoF why not look for someone who is qualified in the job? 

9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Haha attacking Woodgate. That’s a joke right? He wasn’t attacking. He was just clueless. Otherwise I agree. There simply isn’t a plan for this club. It’s like Gibson is drawing a 5-year plan out of a hat every 6 months. 

Woodgate was an attacking manager.... for his first game and a half. 

Remember all that bluster in the press conference last year and the new era lasted 135 minutes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

That’s hardly rocket science. It should be the aim of every club. If you’re not thinking a signing improves you then why bother. Every signing should push an existing player out to improve competitiveness. 

Exactly...but it would appear that in the recent past, we may possibly have had at least one manager who signed players that improved THEIR bank account.....allegedly...although I would say that if the squad is small, then it should be "out of the first 11"

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Exactly...but it would appear that in the recent past, we may possibly have had at least one manager who signed players that improved THEIR bank account.....allegedly...although I would say that if the squad is small, then it should be "out of the first 11"

I think the key part of that post Old Codger is the "at least one", I have suspicions about another (especially with the fees involved) although the fact that it could also be down to just sheer stupidity and incompetence from other/s within the club clouds the issue somewhat.

2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think the key part of that post Old Codger is the "at least one", I have suspicions about another (especially with the fees involved) although the fact that it could also be down to just sheer stupidity and incompetence from other/s within the club clouds the issue somewhat.

Exactly my thoughts and I'm sure we're thinking of the same two managers.  

• Like 1

Sorry I have nothing to add to this thrill a page topic!

If anything comes out of this window we just need bauser sacking and replaced with a director of football. Who actually has a recruitment data driven plan like Stewart Webber has done at Norwich, Victor Orta at Leeds and Rasmus Ankersen at Brentford. As we clearly aren't identifying cheap gems from foreign markets in the current set up. 

• Like 4

I really hope we don’t sign Sol Bamba or any other Cardiff rejects, if needs must Paddy McNair or Johnny Howson can play centre back. 

• Like 1

Just reading something there in Birmingham Aitor has now appointed his backroom team and the clubs recruitment drive will now take off. Wish we showed some ambition instead of waiting to hear whether free agent and former Hull Tigers star Kevin Stewart will be our next signing. Embarrassing how low we have fallen. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, "KM" said:

Just reading something there in Birmingham Aitor has now appointed his backroom team and the clubs recruitment drive will now take off. Wish we showed some ambition instead of waiting to hear whether free agent and former Hull Tigers star Kevin Stewart will be our next signing. Embarrassing how low we have fallen. 

What's embarrassing is you continually writing off a player you've admitted you've barely seen play...

So KM is right, and Klopp and all the statistical data are wrong and Stewart is a fud? Do you deliberately try to find the most negative slant on everything? 🤨

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Ambition like signing a 32 year old free agent left back whose legs have gone years ago? Stop crying.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, clappy1974 said:

I really hope we don’t sign Sol Bamba or any other Cardiff rejects, if needs must Paddy McNair or Johnny Howson can play centre back. 

I would rather we signed a CB on loan for a year than Sol Bamba, someone like Cameron Carter-Vickers or Filip Benkovic who we have been linked with in the past.  Maybe we can't afford the loan fees though.

• Like 1

Could we have a separate thread to vent your frustration on lack of transfer activity, and anything else that's wrong with mfc, and just keep this thread for actual transfer gossip/news. Its getting pretty depressing to read everyone say the same thing in different forms. 😕

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 2