Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka Warnocks free agent bargain bin extravaganza

Recommended Posts

I don’t normally post if have ITK info but I have a few things if anyone is interested. I’ve only had ITK info once before and that was when I broke Burnley’s interest in Fry a few year ago. From the same source;

Warnock is taking a few trialists to Cornwall with him to have an in depth look, one of them is Maghoma, the other 2 I don’t know names of. Club keeping it under wraps. 
 

We’re confident on getting Gibson back as he is being stubborn as he only wants to come back here and Burnley don’t want him at the club again to avoid a repeat of last season, this will go to the wire.

McNair & Britt being offered about as we believe we can get a decent fee for both and obviously high wages off the books. Britt not to fussed about leaving but McNair wants out.

We have also enquired about Tyler Roberts from Leeds, they don’t believe he’s cut out for the Premier League.

 

If I get anything else I’ll post. 

 

  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, "KM" said:

I don’t get the fascination of bringing in an ex manager / footballer as DoF why not look for someone who is qualified in the job? 

Director of football role is all about identifying players and coaches to suit a specific brand of play you want the team to play.

In effect, it is a managers job, you just don't get involved in coaching/day to day activity/matchday decisions.

I think Karanka would make a decent DoF. When he was here he reshaped our club to suit the style of play he wanted. I doubt he would want to take that role though as I hink it'd be too hands off for him, I imagine he would want to get much more involved with the day to day squad than a traditional DoF would

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Could we have a separate thread to vent your frustration on lack of transfer activity, and anything else that's wrong with mfc, and just keep this thread for actual transfer gossip/news. Its getting pretty depressing to read everyone say the same thing in different forms. 😕

seth meyers good job GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freeman is the type of player who could give us far more balance. He wasn't offered opportunities in his best positions last season - A 10 or an Inside Forward cutting in from the left. If we had him and Tav in the 3 behind a striker, they'd cause havoc if allowed to switch positions and mix things up in our approach:

Get him in, Roberts back, Stewart, and maybe a defensively sound LB and suddenly we'd look far more balanced. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I don’t normally post if have ITK info but I have a few things if anyone is interested. I’ve only had ITK info once before and that was when I broke Burnley’s interest in Fry a few year ago. From the same source;

Warnock is taking a few trialists to Cornwall with him to have an in depth look, one of them is Maghoma, the other 2 I don’t know names of. Club keeping it under wraps. 
 

We’re confident on getting Gibson back as he is being stubborn as he only wants to come back here and Burnley don’t want him at the club again to avoid a repeat of last season, this will go to the wire.

McNair & Britt being offered about as we believe we can get a decent fee for both and obviously high wages off the books. Britt not to fussed about leaving but McNair wants out.

We have also enquired about Tyler Roberts from Leeds, they don’t believe he’s cut out for the Premier League.

 

If I get anything else I’ll post. 

 

That’s all very interesting, thanks for the info. Do you think Britt and McNair will have any suitors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Thor
8 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I don’t normally post if have ITK info but I have a few things if anyone is interested. I’ve only had ITK info once before and that was when I broke Burnley’s interest in Fry a few year ago. From the same source;

Warnock is taking a few trialists to Cornwall with him to have an in depth look, one of them is Maghoma, the other 2 I don’t know names of. Club keeping it under wraps. 
 

We’re confident on getting Gibson back as he is being stubborn as he only wants to come back here and Burnley don’t want him at the club again to avoid a repeat of last season, this will go to the wire.

McNair & Britt being offered about as we believe we can get a decent fee for both and obviously high wages off the books. Britt not to fussed about leaving but McNair wants out.

We have also enquired about Tyler Roberts from Leeds, they don’t believe he’s cut out for the Premier League.

 

If I get anything else I’ll post. 

 

Heard a rumour that Britt has actually put forward that he would be willing to sign a new contract but the club wants to sell now, he will go for peanuts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

That’s all very interesting, thanks for the info. Do you think Britt and McNair will have any suitors?

I think we will struggle to get rid of Paddy to be honest, Stoke interest cooled as has Celtics. Britt will have plenty of suitors but wages a stumbling block plus the fact he’s happy here... Fry could be the only player to bring some cash in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

One player who might be available towards end of the window on loan is Luke Freeman of Sheff Utd. He did not play much for them last season and could fall further down pecking order if they strengthen.

I dont know without looking it up but did Warnock manage Freeman at QPR?

You will have to excuse my ignorance here but everyone goes on about Luke Freeman but is he that good? What position does he play and is he within our reach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mj south said:

You will have to excuse my ignorance here but everyone goes on about Luke Freeman but is he that good? What position does he play and is he within our reach?

He was good for Bristol City and Sheff Utd in the Championship. Predominantly plays as a 10/LW, but can play on the Right too.

28. Barely featured for Utd last term, and then mainly out of position in CM. Prior to that, contributed to 16 goals in 18/19 (every 263 mins), and 18 in 17/18 (every 223 mins).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers for that, seems just the kind of player we've been screaming out for since relegation, him and Roberts could totally revitalise our front line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

He was good for Bristol City and Sheff Utd in the Championship. Predominantly plays as a 10/LW, but can play on the Right too.

28. Barely featured for Utd last term, and then mainly out of position in CM. Prior to that, contributed to 16 goals in 18/19 (every 263 mins), and 18 in 17/18 (every 223 mins).

I saw a lot of Luke freeman and always a solid 7 out of 10. Better than we have currently at the Boro and can’t imagine his wages would be that high. Think 8-10k a week would get him but that’s pure guess work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Uwe said:

I saw a lot of Luke freeman and always a solid 7 out of 10. Better than we have currently at the Boro and can’t imagine his wages would be that high. Think 8-10k a week would get him but that’s pure guess work

After a bit of digging he still has 2 years on his contract and Sheffield  Utd Paid £5.2million for him so maybe a loan would be a more feasible option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I saw a lot of Luke freeman and always a solid 7 out of 10. Better than we have currently at the Boro and can’t imagine his wages would be that high. Think 8-10k a week would get him but that’s pure guess work

Aye, I'd agree with that. A consistently decent performer, which is absolutely something we could do with - especially out wide. 

If he could contribute to 10-15 goals in his first season I'd be happy. Have wanted him here for a good few years. Just got to hope NW sees that in him too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Uwe said:

After a bit of digging he still has 2 years on his contract and Sheffield  Utd Paid £5.2million for him so maybe a loan would be a more feasible option

Was about to say he was, at one point last summer, Sheffield United's highest transfer fee paid record holder. Until they increasingly signed more players for more money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that at the moment we are all unsure just what the Boro squad will be come start of the season, yes we are all hoping for some decent signings to come and boost the current squad.

But as individuals what are your hopes and aspirations for the new season?

For me, personally a much better performing home team and a noticeable improvement throughout and nowhere near flirting with relegation.

Also the team to show that they can win games when it really matters, not too much to ask for!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...