oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Just a guess.

Would be a nice way to start our trip to Cornwall, that's for sure. 

Lets hope some of the u23s or triallists impress as well. 

Really want Folarin to do well, for some reason I think he could be great.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

And I'll add Gibson's decision making. 

I'll personally add that our fans think we are either a low premier or top half champo club when reality is we have just survived a near relegation season. Players have just went to clubs that have performed better

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Strange how all of a sudden it's a problem almost like the evening Gibbo are looking for excuses.

Money masks a lot.

I’ll stick up for the gazette on this one. All Vickers has said is that the area is a barrier to recruitment. I do understand the frustrations that the gazette are reluctant to criticise the club themselves (although imo ultimately that criticism should be directed at Gibson more than the Gazette itself). Whilst the area is far from the biggest detriment to our recruitment and I don’t think it should be used as an excuse to distract from other factors, our location obviously is and has been an issue. The article itself is fine, it’s just the wider context that’s frustrating. Who knows, maybe Vickers just wanted a chance to crack out a William Blake reference and knew it’d get a few easy bites.

I think Vickers has written a pretty fair and honest article. He acknowledges locals are proud of Middlesbrough and its surroundings, but he also recognises occasional visitors may not appreciate it. He's right to say MFC could overcome the town's perceived reputation in the past by paying more than other clubs, but that's not the case any more. It's an issue clubs like Bournemouth will start to face again now they're not in the goldfish bowl of the Premier League.

It's vacuous and shallow to refuse to live on Teesside simply because it doesn't have much of a rep or designer shops, but footballers' partners ARE vacuous and shallow a lot of the time. So are footballers themselves, especially since they're rich beyond the dreams of avarice, and posh houses in designer postcodes provide an easy way to flaunt their wealth.

The only issue I have with this article is the timing of its publication. It smacks of orchestrated distraction, as if the club has asked the Gazette to emit a smokescreen to distract everyone from the lack of signings. 

• Like 2

He does conveniently omit that our 1 signing is a London boy with a 'celebrity' missus who we lured away from glamorous London strikes against his narrative quite a bit...

I don't get why we don't target more Yorkshire based/born footballers we have some of the nicest parts of Yorkshire on our doorstep don't have to worry about motorway treks and there's a pretty big pool of Yorkshire clubs/players to target.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I’ll stick up for the gazette on this one. All Vickers has said is that the area is a barrier to recruitment. I do understand the frustrations that the gazette are reluctant to criticise the club themselves (although imo ultimately that criticism should be directed at Gibson more than the Gazette itself). Whilst the area is far from the biggest detriment to our recruitment and I don’t think it should be used as an excuse to distract from other factors, our location obviously is and has been an issue. The article itself is fine, it’s just the wider context that’s frustrating. Who knows, maybe Vickers just wanted a chance to crack out a William Blake reference and knew it’d get a few easy bites.

They’ve pretty much lifted the article from this forum. even down to the mention of Harry Kane.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

They’ve pretty much lifted the article from this forum. even down to the mention of Harry Kane.

Yeah that was my quote 😂

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

He does conveniently omit that our 1 signing is a London boy with a 'celebrity' missus who we lured away from glamorous London strikes against his narrative quite a bit...

I don't get why we don't target more Yorkshire based/born footballers we have some of the nicest parts of Yorkshire on our doorstep don't have to worry about motorway treks and there's a pretty big pool of Yorkshire clubs/players to target.

And today Grant, his partner and their newborn are loving it at Rockliffe Hall. The Gazette story is a complete smokescreen designed to distract.

• Like 4
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)