oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

If Britt bags 20 goals next season I think people will probably be glad he stayed.

He looked completely reinvigorated under Warnock and his goal return has been good.

Whilst light up front, him and Fletcher are capable of scoring in this league as long as the supply is good and consistent.

Tav will help massively with this, and so will 2 or 3 attacking pacey additions. Hoping Roberts is one of them but understand Warnock unsure.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I think Britt and Fletcher can form a strong partnership I mean they have both scored 10+ this season. It's just more the guys behind them who create the chances that is the problem. As if you watch Leeds Bamford missed loads and loads of sitters but they kept getting the chances so scored. With Britt and Fletcher under Woody they were lucky to get 1 chance a game. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

A lot of money invested to lose on a free.

I think the ship has sailed on that one already mate.  Even if we sold this summer could/would we get more than a few million?

1 hour ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Britt seems happy here and has a really good relationship with Fletch. 

I seem to remember someone saying this all along...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the sake of Britts extension, you’d be hard to find a player with his pedigree, who would come to us, and who would slot in well to Warnock and Fletcher. 

It makes sense sometimes to stick rather than twist. Britt is capable and has done okay this season, it’s as others have mentioned, the supply needs to be better for sure. We haven’t replaced Tomlin or Ramirez and that yet again is the area we should spend the most on. 

• Like 4

After his pathetic actions in the home game against them this season when he was off the pitch and deliberately came back on to fall over and claim to be injured to stop the game, I wouldn't want someone like that anywhere near the team...diving is bad enough but that was as low as you can get....makes Saha look honest

3 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

If Roberts doesn’t come back, then we will need a minimum of 2 first team quality wingers. Currently we only have Tav (is he even a winger?). Warnock has said he prefers the 433.

I’d want Tav central in a 4-3-3 and two new wingers if that’s the formation we are going to play. But with Britt and Fletcher we may have to look at a formation with two strikers. 

• Like 1

Cauley Woodrow would be great.

We should be moving heaven and earth to sign Joe Gelhardt too. We could build the team around him. Some talent.

Get Kipre too.

24 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Cauley Woodrow would be great.

We should be moving heaven and earth to sign Joe Gelhardt too. We could build the team around him. Some talent.

Get Kipre too.

Mentioned Gelhardt the other day. Destined for the top if he keeps his head. 

Wonder if we could get Oliver Burke from West Brom, been linked with him a few times and just had a bit of a comeback season playing for Alaves in La Liga on loan 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)