oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I feel like, even given how poor we were last season, we shouldn't be judging players on whether they are worse value for money than Gestede and Nmecha.  That seems like a fairly low bar to set in my opinion.

Or taking the half full perspective by default that would mean he is an upgrade on what we had even if what we had was bleedin useless!

C'mon accentuate the positive, this could be as good as the forthcoming season gets 😀

• Haha 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Randolph, Gestede, Ayala, Friend, Clayton and Shotton have all gone plus the 4 loanees. I reckon that's between £6 Million - £8 Million freed up in wages. Either way last season and this coming season we aren't close to the 81%.

The way things are going I'd be on the phone to both Ayala and Shotton apologising and offering them decent terms.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

The way things are going I'd be on the phone to both Ayala and Shotton apologising and offering them decent terms.

Apologising? 😂

Just a hypothesis - we have money to spend but the club is keeping some/most in reserve as contingency if Covid effects next season as well.

The way things are going in other parts of the country and Europe, and with the risk of a ‘second wave’ this winter, there are a lot of clubs in this league that might go the way of Wigan if the season is suspended again or no fans are allowed back in the stadiums.

Gibson will do everything in his power to maintain the security and future of the club.

... either that or we have 3 or 4 Premiership deals lined up and we’’re just waiting for their clubs to give final approval 🤑👍.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, AstoriaBoro said:

Just a hypothesis - we have money to spend but the club is keeping some/most in reserve as contingency if Covid effects next season as well.

The way things are going in other parts of the country and Europe, and with the risk of a ‘second wave’ this winter, there are a lot of clubs in this league that might go the way of Wigan if the season is suspended again or no fans are allowed back in the stadiums.

Gibson will do everything in his power to maintain the security and future of the club.

... either that or we have 3 or 4 Premiership deals lined up and we’’re just waiting for their clubs to give final approval 🤑👍.

That is not beyond the realms of possibility. One thing is for sure though, it's looking like we will find out who we sign when the club wants us to know. The info coming out of the club seems so tightly controlled. 

Just looking through training pics and I noted every first team player present bar two Dael Fry who has not been present in a single photo since pre season resumed.. Also I did not see Djed Spence in these latest photos but he has been present in photos since sauad returned last week.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Just looking through training pics and I noted every first team player present bar two Dael Fry who has not been present in a single photo since pre season resumed.. Also I did not see Djed Spence in these latest photos but he has been present in photos since sauad returned last week.

Anyone you didn't recognise? 

35 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Either fey has the best rotation ever known to man, or he's off. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)