oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka Warnocks free agent bargain bin extravaganza

I was listening to talk sport on the way into work this morning, Mario Melchiot was on talking about chelsea. He was saying the defenders there are all similar types of players and how that was a bad thing.

If you look at our team. all of them are the same we've had a group of midfielders who all do the same thing for donkeys years. 

To find the right balance we need to have many different style players, tacklers, runners, creative, skillful, aggressive, talkers, leaders etc. 

looking at the squad we have a group of players with no style, they are all robots and the boring unexciting football served up in the past is down to players/manager collectively. 

Hall ticks the right boxes hes something different to what we had. Roberts was like that to. I hope we do sign this stewart. he may be no better or even worse than what we have but he is a different type of player and may help with the teams balance. Roberts and sanogo are different to. sanogo might be a big unsless turd, but he will offer something different. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

I was listening to talk sport on the way into work this morning, Mario Melchiot was on talking about chelsea. He was saying the defenders there are all similar types of players and how that was a bad thing.

If you look at our team. all of them are the same we've had a group of midfielders who all do the same thing for donkeys years. 

To find the right balance we need to have many different style players, tacklers, runners, creative, skillful, aggressive, talkers, leaders etc. 

looking at the squad we have a group of players with no style, they are all robots and the boring unexciting football served up in the past is down to players/manager collectively. 

Hall ticks the right boxes hes something different to what we had. Roberts was like that to. I hope we do sign this stewart. he may be no better or even worse than what we have but he is a different type of player and may help with the teams balance. Roberts and sanogo are different to. sanogo might be a big unsless turd, but he will offer something different. 

Couldn’t agree more.

4 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Seem to have 2 decent strikers these Ryan Hardie and Luke Jephcott, Jephcott 7 in 14 last season 20 years old. Wish we could watch to see how whoever we start CB do

They lost their Marcus Maddison type player though George Cooper, went back to Peterborough after his loan ended

Watched Argyle with my lad a lot last season. Hardie was brilliant and I have said a few times how much I would have liked him at Boro if he hadn't committed to Argyle for another season. Jephcott was a rags-to-riches story, was out on loan at Truro and got called back due to injuries and he just hit the ground running. Big time.

Cooper and Mayor easily the standout performers for them. Mayor played as the 10 and Cooper on the Left hand side cutting in. Both very creative. Mayor very one-footed though.

For what it's worth, Lux Park is 10 minutes away from me. Got to go to Liskeard tomorrow so I'll find some suitable bushes and put my best KM hat on...

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, cornishboroboy said:

Watched Argyle with my lad a lot last season. Hardie was brilliant and I have said a few times how much I would have liked him at Boro if he hadn't committed to Argyle for another season. Jephcott was a rags-to-riches story, was out on loan at Truro and got called back due to injuries and he just hit the ground running. Big time.

Cooper and Mayor easily the standout performers for them. Mayor played as the 10 and Cooper on the Left hand side cutting in. Both very creative. Mayor very one-footed though.

For what it's worth, Lux Park is 10 minutes away from me. Got to go to Liskeard tomorrow so I'll find some suitable bushes and put my best KM hat on...

I'm surprised Blackpool loaned him out again when Plymouth are in the same league now, especially with them losing Gnanduillet 

14 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Thankfully I’ve not heard any news on the proposed redundancies, maybe the club have changed their minds. 

I can %100 assure you they haven’t. They have told all involved end of the week they will find out.  Some have already gone.

30 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Full media blackout seems very strange. Maybe Gibson is involved?

Ben, or Steve? They've both got reasons to want to hide from the media...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

@Raf smog any positive news?

Yes club are expecting 2/3 in before weekend, and gibbo been for talks with Norwich / and Forest none starter with The clubs. Looks like it’s forcing Burnley’s hands. They have ran out of options

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8

7 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

I can %100 assure you they haven’t. They have told all involved end of the week they will find out.  Some have already gone.

So transparently immoral 

Just now, RealSlimSladeyy said:

So transparently immoral 

Immoral I suppose so!  but I must add quite a few have gone voluntary with a added loyalty payment also So the club have thought of the staff in it all

1 minute ago, Raf smog said:

Yes club are expecting 2/3 in before weekend, and gibbo been for talks with Norwich / and Forest none starter with The clubs. Looks like it’s forcing Burnley’s hands. They have ran out of options

Im guessing stewart. Sanogo amd that centre back who played in Poland. Maghoma or something like that 

2 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Hope you are right. If we can magically wrap deals up for Stewart, Sanogo and Gibson this week and then add Roberts and another prem winger like Clarke up later then the squad is looking much better. Just need a left back then. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

• Like 1

Just now, Raf smog said:

Immoral I suppose so!  but I must add quite a few have gone voluntary with a added loyalty payment also So the club have thought of the staff in it all

At least that’s something. Britt earns more in a week than most the staff do in a year. Once again Stevie Gibson man of the people doing his thing. 

1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

Im guessing stewart. Sanogo amd that centre back who played in Poland. Maghoma or something like that 

It’s at least 2/3. Hopefully there might be announcements throughout the week , hopefully get team news today

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Hope you are right. If we can magically wrap deals up for Stewart, Sanogo and Gibson this week and then add Roberts and another prem winger like Clarke up later then the squad is looking much better. Just need a left back then. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

optimistic but i like it