oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

12 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

I don't think it's taken Ian Bennett long to suss out that none of our keepers are up to it. I think we'll end up getting the lad from Charlton, and two from Mejias, Sojanovic and Pears will leave with Sol Brynn promotoed to 3rd choice.

Yes another Boro speciality. our ability to get rid of players we do not need. Oh wait   .......................

• Haha 4
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

I fancy us to go in for the Cardiff lad Ethridge, and to be fair our keepers arnt really that great prefer to keep pears and brynn. 

Birmingham apparently in for Ethridge with the guy from Charlton we are after as their second choice. Let’s see what happens! 

There's a big difference between signing Etheridge for 1 million and picking up his 20k a week contract for 3 years and signing Phillips at 25 for close to a million and at most doubling his 4k a week Charlton wage you're talking about nearly 2 million in savings between the 2 contracts and Phillips has potential resale value taking Etheridge on 20k a week through until he's 33 would be madness.

That's the reason I think we haven't been linked with Etheridge the numbers don't make sense with him at all. Bettinelli on loan might make the most sense of all of the linked GKs for us I just think he's a bang average GK who'd struggle to hold the shirt from Stoj.

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

Wages paid are usually linked to the value of the transfer. If Phillips' agent is worth his salt, he'll be demanding a wage equivalent to a million pound transfer.

This is why your not a football agent 🙃

• Confused 1

I hope which ever keeper we pick, we get them due to their style and how they play so that who ever comes in next, can use them in their template. 

It would be typical Boro to sign a keeper and send him out again in 2 years when we need a different type of keeper!

12 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

If Birmingham go for the more proven Etheridge it will only leave us in for Phillips as far as I can see. We will then get him for a more realistic fee, probably less than 500k.

Doubt it goes under 500k, think we're already bidding more than that as is.

37 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Bettinelli on loan might make the most sense of all of the linked GKs for us I just think he's a bang average GK who'd struggle to hold the shirt from Stoj.

The same Bettinelli who was called up to the England squad a couple of years ago? He's certainly better than bang average.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, uncle_rico said:

The same Bettinelli who was called up to the England squad a couple of years ago? He's certainly better than bang average.

I disagree on that David friggin Wheater got an England call up!

Bettinelli's played 64 league games in 5 years has spent 4 of them in this league that most of us miserably follow and he's never been mentioned by anyone I've seen as even a top 5 GK in the league at any point. 

Does he have more Championship experience than what we have? Yes.

Does his record and reputation put a marker down that he's an undisputed top quality GK who will keep Stojanovic out of the team for 30+ games? No.

On a loan he makes sense (Nixon mentioned this) but consider me sceptical he has the ability to come in and keep the shirt from Stoj in this scenario.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)