oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I'm really unsure which way round it is though the Gazette (Gibson is their source typically) have kind of shot down the Gibson stuff more often than not saying we want him back but financially it makes little sense as recently as yesterday shooting down Skys reporting that we've made an approach, then the Echo are full tilt being told we are confident Norwich/Forest backed off over the past week our loan offer package is the best they have on the table.

I think if the talk is true that Warnock has settled on 532 he might be keen to get a left footed CB in but who would the divide be against in this scenario? Gibson not wanting to greenlight it?

Wood and Dijksteel seem to have impressed in pre season plus Fry to come, we need another body in there no doubt but I can definitely see reservations sinking a huge chunk of our wage budget for the year into Gibson when we still have 4-5 gaps to fill.

Just now, Jamie-H said:

I'm really unsure which way round it is though the Gazette (Gibson is their source typically) have kind of shot down the Gibson stuff more often than not saying we want him back but financially it makes little sense as recently as yesterday shooting down Skys reporting that we've made an approach, then the Echo are full tilt being told we are confident Norwich/Forest backed off over the past week our loan offer package is the best they have on the table.

I think if the talk is true that Warnock has settled on 532 he might be keen to get a left footed CB in but who would the divide be against in this scenario? Gibson?

Wood and Dijksteel seem to have impressed in pre season plus Fry to come, we need another body in there no doubt but I can definitely see reservations sinking a huge chunk of our wage budget for the year into Gibson when we still have 4-5 gaps to fill.

Gibson wants his nephew back here playing football for us.  Warnock has no link to Ben so is only concerned about getting the best team possible out on the park.  I don't see it as any more complicated than that.

• Like 2
Just now, Changing Times said:

Gibson wants his nephew back here playing football for us.  Warnock has no link to Ben so is only concerned about getting the best team possible out on the park.  I don't see it as any more complicated than that.

That's the obvious interpretation but there is a chasm between the Sky/Echo's reporting on where we sit with Gibson and where the Gazette say we sit.

Now bare in mind this is the same Gazette who broke we wanted Hoilett to then turn around yesterday and say they understand he was never a target so to say they're a little schizophrenic is an understatement.

We seemed to be split like this last summer on Jordan Jones where someone was briefing the Echo and others we were really keen on Jones and someone at the club high up briefed the Gazette there was never any interest because the club were still worried about his off the field stuff.

3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

That's the obvious interpretation but there is a chasm between the Sky/Echo's reporting on where we sit with Gibson and where the Gazette say we sit.

Now bare in mind this is the same Gazette who broke we wanted Hoilett to then turn around yesterday and say they understand he was never a target so to say they're a little schizophrenic is an understatement.

We seemed to be split like this last summer on Jordan Jones where someone was briefing the Echo and others we were really keen on Jones and someone at the club high up briefed the Gazette there was never any interest because the club were still worried about his off the field stuff.

is this the club "leaking " different info to different papers/employees to try to muddy the waters and disguise who they are actually talking to, or trying to find out who is responsible for any internal  leaks?

2 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Disagree with that, I don’t think older friend types will care so much but players do worry if the guy who signed them and sold them the plan is replaced/leaves. Just one season under a manager who doesn’t fancy them can be a disaster for a promising player in his 20s.

See Ben gibson

Just now, scotty189 said:

Gibsons been training with the club for since warnocks been here if he didn't want him, I'm sure he would have told him to do one by now

I believe he actually did. He said if he can't use him, he doesn't want him on the field.

2 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I believe he actually did. He said if he can't use him, he doesn't want him on the field.

That was way back at the start when he was trying to fight off relegation. I imagine it's probably different now.

8 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I don't think this is the same, mate.  There is only one person high up in the club that matters and that's Steve Gibson.  Ben is his nephew and he wants him back playing football here.  I don't need to see a Gazette article to know that.  I would suggest that the Jordan Jones thing would have been Woodgate wanting him back but Steve, via Bausor, being reluctant because of the off field stuff.  This is a family thing more than a football thing.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)