oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka Warnocks free agent bargain bin extravaganza

23 minutes ago, Herbivorous said:

Hmm.  Not very clear to me, I'm afraid.  How much revenue will the club bring in this season??  I don't have an answer to that, and I don't think the club does either.

😐😐

The big if in our revenue this season is on how many people stream the games frankly

14 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Been losing money and 2 predominant reasons - badly run and can’t organise a business plan to save our lives....

Surely they are the same reason?

Pretty worrying that warnock finished his post match interview with the phrase ' i cant see us getting any in this week ' ... means we probably arent even close to any deals atm 

3 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

Pretty worrying that warnock finished his post match interview with the phrase ' i cant see us getting any in this week ' ... means we probably arent even close to any deals atm 

I'm hoping for a day like Everton have had 🤞

2 minutes ago, Somerset Boro said:

563 pages of transfer news and one signing, nothing changes with the transfer thread 😂😂

Nothing ever changes sombo! Great to see you online though, one of the highlights of the window haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

@diggerlad07 @Lurker  @Raf smog

What is the state of play? Back to the drawing board? I assume we will be awaiting answers on free agents? 

It’s a wonder there’s any room left on that *** drawing board.

Just now, LinoJo3 said:

It’s a wonder there’s any room left on that *** drawing board.

There isn't a drawing board.  There's just a post it where one should be saying 'Buy a drawing board'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sheffield Wednesday signed Josh Wndass and Kachunga today even with a -12 points deduction. I mean I would want us to be signing better than these players but they are better than our current thin air signings. 

Jesus Christ... There's some on here who make me genuinely embarrassed to be a Boro fan.

There Birmingham fans down here who've read Boro forums, including this one, and regard some of the posts as absolute laughing stock. There's an inherent negativity in some who act like entitled, spoilt brats. Transfers are not the be-all-and-end-all of football. It's laughable. Genuinely laughable. Because I've been laughing at it with Blues fans.

• Like 13
  • Wow 1

50 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Jesus Christ... There's some on here who make me genuinely embarrassed to be a Boro fan.

There Birmingham fans down here who've read Boro forums, including this one, and regard some of the posts as absolute laughing stock. There's an inherent negativity in some who act like entitled, spoilt brats. Transfers are not the be-all-and-end-all of football. It's laughable. Genuinely laughable. Because I've been laughing at it with Blues fans.

People can support the club however they like whether it be overly critical, never critical or somewhere in between. None of it matters as long as they want the team to win

If people aren't feeling positive about the season due to lack of signings it's because they think signing players will enable the club to do the best it can and laughing about it with Birmingham fans doesn't make you more of a fan than them 

6 hours ago, Snowblind said:

I see it differently because it’s a forum where people can post and have discussions. I think it would be fairly useless having one if all where happy content chaps and all agreed with each other. It’s good to see realists and pessimists posting because it gives depth and prospective and allows people to get things off there chest. 

• Like 1