oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka Warnocks free agent bargain bin extravaganza

If we are going to sign people just on names we should look no further

A5CBC847-226C-43F6-8379-1926EB972537.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Or could it be two in one out. 

Do we know when Sanogo came into the country? Could he be quarantined?

Dom Shaw said Sanogo is still Warnocks number one striking target during a q and a the other day as he tried to get him when he was at Palace. The club are still hopeful of getting that deal done. Weather or not that's true . @TeaCider24 i love the word spud as it perfectly describes them 😂😂

13 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Or could it be two in one out. 

20200903_122719.thumb.png.6cf57cb88c88e7a5a5156f97e87f4f19.png

It would be typical if the club sold one of Britt or Fletcher after this tweet, hahah.

• Haha 2

Just now, Uwe said:

He's the man whose name you'd love to touch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thanks 2

I love the way some posters take issue over the posting of what they describe as negative comments!

Arguably, we have been going backwards since Eindhoven. We had a disastrous season back in the Prem. Firing this time we have squandered millions and millions. We brought in Woody when it was obvious to the majority he would struggle to cope. You can criticise almost every aspect of the club as we meander in a downward direction.

The only positive - the appointment of Warnock. He is the one bright star in a sky of darkness.

I tell you what, when the club behaves and acts like a professional football club it will sweep away a lot of so- called negativity. Mind, I am not holding my breath on this happening in the short term

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He's the man whose name you'd love to touch.

But you mustn't touuuuch.

• Haha 1

Won't be long before we are linked with Yannick Bolasie again with Warnock working with him  6years ago 😂.

On 8/31/2020 at 9:04 PM, LinoJo3 said:

Point is were just on the back of a very positive performance - whether you consider that based on attitude or ability - against a strong Newcastle side. After the dross of last season, a performance like that is a significant step. And came without McNair, Saville, or Fry - so from slightly depleted resources in an already depleted squad. 

Do we need bodies? Yes. Do we have time to get them in? Absolutely. Have the signs of an upturn in communication, understanding of roles, player performances, etc been seen? Yes. But there's a portion of fans who will always find something to moan about. They're the ones who wanted McClaren sacked. Who only remember the negatives aspects of Karanka's reign. Who would moan about Adomah/Kike/Bamford/Clayton/Friend/Leadbitter/endless list.

The absolute nonsense spouted about "awful transfer window" etc is like watching the first 20 mins of a game and going "this is the worst game ever in the history of football." Calm down.

"Give the kids a go!" Vs. "we need experienced leaders"

"Why can't we find the next Vardy" vs. "we should be signing Julio Geordio"

There's posters on here who've said both statements within months of each other. The club can't win. It's Boro. We love them. Stop being so inherently negative all the time for god's sake. There's more to life anyway. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 10

52 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I think we have a winner!

Mind you, knowing our luck we'd try to sign him but end up with...

200.gif

• Haha 2

I’m sure a lot of posters on here would like us to sign Max E Pad 😉

image.gif.7511639d6bc59da402a25c830bba68fb.gif

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

I’m sure a lot of posters on here would like us to sign Max E Pad 😉

image.gif.7511639d6bc59da402a25c830bba68fb.gif

He'd bring us a heavy flow of goals tbf...

17 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Point is were just on the back of a very positive performance - whether you consider that based on attitude or ability - against a strong Newcastle side. After the dross of last season, a performance like that is a significant step. And came without McNair, Saville, or Fry - so from slightly depleted resources in an already depleted squad. 

Do we need bodies? Yes. Do we have time to get them in? Absolutely. Have the signs of an upturn in communication, understanding of roles, player performances, etc been seen? Yes. But there's a portion of fans who will always find something to moan about. They're the ones who wanted McClaren sacked. Who only remember the negatives aspects of Karanka's reign. Who would moan about Adomah/Kike/Bamford/Clayton/Friend/Leadbitter/endless list.

The absolute nonsense spouted about "awful transfer window" etc is like watching the first 20 mins of a game and going "this is the worst game ever in the history of football." Calm down.

"Give the kids a go!" Vs. "we need experienced leaders"

"Why can't we find the next Vardy" vs. "we should be signing Julio Geordio"

There's posters on here who've said both statements within months of each other. The club can't win. It's Boro. We love them. Stop being so inherently negative all the time for god's sake. There's more to life anyway. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Excellent post.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Herbivorous said:

Yup.  Disillusionment??  Perfectly understandable.  Questioning of the situation, so as to arrive at a precise definition of the problem(s)??  Essential. 

We haven't seen very much, if any, evidence of the club's progress in managing this situation, but our hope and expectation is that somebody senior is applying himself / herself to fixing it.  Fixing it good.

I agree, thats why I cited that as the important part of the feedback and accountability from supporters but I think that is vastly different from negativity for negativity sake and unhealthy expectations

• Like 1

Couple of french free agents that I would look at:

Moussa Sylla - ST/LAM/RAM
Came through Monaco's youth academy and was released this season. Bags of potential and wouldn't demand massive wages. Only 20 years old so low risk, high reward. Not really a Warnock player so can't see it happening.

Theo Valls - CM/CDM
Could be excellent in our midfield and different to what we have. Capable of picking out a peach of a pass but also capable of doing the dirty work in midfield.

Arnaud Lusambe - CM/CAM
Versatile player who can chip in with goals from midfield, still only 23 so lots of time to improve.

Theo Pellenard - LB
Bit of a risk cause he hasn't played a lot of football lately but could be a low risk, high reward signing and good competition for Coulson/Bola

Yaya Sanogo - ST
Please can we just wrap this one up....

• Like 1