oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Im just glad/hoping we will be going into each game with an actual plan and the players knowing what their job is.

Also think we need to develop an identity for the club again, just jumping from a rigid pulis team to woodgates 'expansive' football and now to warnocks style cant be doing the current players any good and also any players looking at coming to the club, from my point im not to fussed what type of football we play as long as we win. 

Regarding playing style I can see both sides of the argument. Personally I like seeing a confident, posession based team with a really good ball player as the fulcrum for attacks (hence my comment on wanting to bring Barry Bannan in). 

However I can see us being up and around the top 10 positions even without these creative players as Warnock has consistently shown he can create a unit greater than the sum of its parts, and after what we've seen recently it would be good to see. 

The big concern that is rightly still discussed is the calamity behind the scenes with Gibson and Bausor. If Warnock does do a good job then our recent history has shown that we will endure a couple of poor and rash decisions once again as it is clear that our current management have no idea on what a long term (5 years+) plan should look like or how it should be implemented. It took Cruyff about 8 years before Barca really began benefitting from his re-structure of the club, similar for Ferguson at Man Utd. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Brunners said:

I feel for Stoj personally, what a waste of money he's turning out to be. Uproots his life, moves to England, manager gets sacked after you make 2 appearances, new gaffer doesn't like you, off you go again.

I’m sure paying the rest of his contract off will soften the blow 

If not that’s the life of a footballer. Personally I’d love it as I tend to get itchy feet after a couple of years

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Pears is still off to Blackburn. Will go after Betinelli signs. 

Think it’s a shame as he looked decent and has potential but could easily be the next Jason Steele

Are we looking to sell Stoj as well? Any other rumours?

Just now, Lurker said:

Think it’s a shame as he looked decent and has potential but could easily be the next Jason Steele

Do you have anything more, particularly on the recent rumours of players signing soon or at Rockcliffe.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Its a shame plenty of potential there, good move for him mind.  Any other snippets of info ?

16 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I’m sure paying the rest of his contract off will soften the blow 

If not that’s the life of a footballer. Personally I’d love it as I tend to get itchy feet after a couple of years

He hasn't even made it a single year, let alone a couple.

Would be nice if they could put a clause in giving us a buy-back priority if Pears does push on....good luck to the lad either way..he has the makings and if his defence had shielded him properly, he wouldn't have got half the flak he did 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)