oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka Warnocks free agent bargain bin extravaganza

3 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Am i the only one who thinks Sanogo would be a dreadful signing,Remenber him at Arsenal & he was one the most awkward players i have even seen,Bambi on ice awkward,Hope he proves me totally wrong if & when he signs & goes on to hit 20 this season

No chance he’ll get anywhere near 20, I’m hoping he’s at least decent at holding the ball up which would give us something a bit different if nothing else. 

Just now, Smogzilla said:

The only one who has suggested Stoj could leave was that turnip Graeme Bailey, so I doubt it somewhat.

Wouldn't be a shock though, if we got the right offer for him.

Good luck to Meijas.

In a way, I hope Pears doesn't succeed as I'd like the club to be in the right on selling him. But I don't want to wish ill on a local lad. I can't see him playing many games for Blackburn either.

Ah ok thanks guys did seem a bit ott with keeper departures.

Has anyone else noticed far more credible information becoming available since the end of the Gibson saga?

All eggs in one basket springs to mind

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leesider said:

Am i the only one who thinks Sanogo would be a dreadful signing,Remenber him at Arsenal & he was one the most awkward players i have even seen,Bambi on ice awkward,Hope he proves me totally wrong if & when he signs & goes on to hit 20 this season

I don't think he'll be awful, but I'm not expecting him to set the world on fire. He's on a free and fits our new wage structure, I also think he could compliment the strikers we already have.

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Sanogo is training with the players this morning 

Hopefully that means an announcement for him today too then!

Surely we can expect announcements soon for Betinelli, Sanogo maybe Morsy etc 

Just now, Will said:

I don't think he'll be awful, but I'm not expecting him to set the world on fire. He's on a free and fits our new wage structure, I also think he could compliment the strikers we already have.

Well we did need a Gestede type.

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Ah ok thanks guys did seem a bit ott with keeper departures.

Has anyone else noticed far more credible information becoming available since the end of the Gibson saga?

All eggs in one basket springs to mind

No tbh, Sanogo has been rumoured and discussed since long before the Gibson saga ended. And I get the impression the Bettinelli deal has happened pretty fast.

4 minutes ago, Leesider said:

I mean it's a low risk signing his minutes per goal in France is similar to Fletcher's for us and that's without him getting a proper run of games. prepared to give him a chance and it's not like his fee and contract will cripple us if he turns out to be ****

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Thanks for that info and though it seems as if opinion is divided about the player as long as he helps overall team performances, chips in when given the chance then as far as I am concerned that is all that matters, Options have been so limited for us over the years maybe it is about to change

5 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Any update on Morsy? RAF said he left yesterday, but the club were expecting him to. Is he due back?