oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

8 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Imagine being depressed by proven championship players, I would love to know who you expected us to be in for

What's proven to you? Because do you realise that Fletcher has more Championship appearances than Zohore and Moore?

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Uwe said:

That worse than walking down the street and seeing your ex with a new bloke 😔

Eeewwwwww Uwe are Leeds your ex team 🤮

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1
39 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

What's proven to you? Because do you realise that Fletcher has more Championship appearances than Zohore and Moore?

Let's just ignore the 3 proven championship players on the list, plus I would say Fletcher is a proven championship player so I don't really get your point

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

That worse than walking down the street and seeing your ex with a new bloke 😔

Well at least we won't have to face either him or Leeds next season.

26 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Let's just ignore the 3 proven championship players on the list, plus I would say Fletcher is a proven championship player so I don't really get your point

My point is, that those 5 players hardly excite me or fill me with confidence. Hence my original comment of it being a depressing pool of players. 

We've gone down the route of having proven championship players under Monk and Pulis and failed. Under Woodgate the squad was still largely full of proven championship players and we still almost got relegated. Proven does not equate to good.

I would be happy with Fox and Gunter in the backline. Solid reliable and would allow us to invest higher up the pitch. 

I still expect Maddison to sign for us and cant shake Niasse being the different type of forward. 

Where I am not particularly bothered is Gibson. Seems a lot of money for a CB that has only proven to be good in Karanka's defensive set up.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

My point is, that those 5 players hardly excite me or fill me with confidence. Hence my original comment of it being a depressing pool of players. 

We've gone down the route of having proven championship players under Monk and Pulis and failed. Under Woodgate the squad was still largely full of proven championship players and we still almost got relegated. Proven does not equate to good.

So what is the answer then? I personally would rather we built a balanced squad over worrying about how exciting they sound and to me two good quality full backs and a striker who helped get Cardiff promoted are hardly a bad start

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

So what is the answer then? I personally would rather we built a balanced squad over worrying about how exciting they sound and to me two good quality full backs and a striker who helped get Cardiff promoted are hardly a bad start

Clayton, nsue, nugent helped get us promoted, should we get them back too? Gunter is only 1 year younger than George friend who everyone says is past it. 

18 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Clayton, nsue, nugent helped get us promoted, should we get them back too? Gunter is only 1 year younger than George friend who everyone says is past it. 

Except for the fact Zohore is 26, Cardiff only got promoted 2 seasons ago and he has also just been playing for another team who got promoted. 

If you are entirely judging on a players age alone, then yeah but Gunter has still performed well this year. Friend is seen as past it by some because his legs have gone and he no longer performs to the same level but you knew that anyway

Edited by SzilardNemethsCurtains
15 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Friend is past it as a LB due to injury, but he might have a late flowering as a CB, especially alongside an experienced CB partner. He's 32, which is hardly retirement age.

Anyway, some players age better than others (like wine, women and cars). Gunter being the wrong side of 30 doesn't worry me if he's maintaining the same standards and fitness as previous seasons.

• Like 2

I remember last year lots of excitement about Browne and Dijksteel on here, even Bola as Blackpool’s player of the year. I still think they all could come good but we need experience to help them along the way with that. I trust Warnock 100% more than I trusted Woodgate to develop players and get the balance of the team right. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Except for the fact Zohore is 26, Cardiff only got promoted 2 seasons ago and he has also just been playing for another team who got promoted. 

If you are entirely judging on a players age alone, then yeah but Gunter has still performed well this year. Friend is seen as past it by some because his legs have gone and he no longer performs to the same level but you knew that anyway

Gunter started 18 games for a reading side that finished 14th in the table, ended the season 3rd choice (behind a 21 year old who had just broke in) and played all his games at right back-a position where we already have 2 young players who performed decently last year. 

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Gunter started 18 games for a reading side that finished 14th in the table, ended the season 3rd choice (behind a 21 year old who had just broke in) and played all his games at right back-a position where we already have 2 young players who performed decently last year. 

FWIW I still think Warnock sees Spence as a RW not a RB.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

If that's the case then I think he's wrong. All of his best displays came at rb or rwb. He looked lost when we moved up to right wing for the last couple of games and even worse when he had him swapping sides  

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Hasn't he said something along the lines of him being similar to Alexander-Arnold in style?

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)