oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

May have been a bit hasty in my response. After a quick dive on Twitter seems he has deleted all his social media accounts. 

Have no doubts Warnocks ears have pricked up but probably best to find out what on earth he has done by ways of "breach of contract" that has resulted in instant termination of his contract.

A few Cardiff fans seem to think it may be drug related...

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, cornishboroboy said:

May have been a bit hasty in my response. After a quick dive on Twitter seems he has deleted all his social media accounts. 

Have no doubts Warnocks ears have pricked up but probably best to find out what on earth he has done by ways of "breach of contract" that has resulted in instant termination of his contract.

Yeh I'm sure if they can find out the reasons and it's nothing dodgy then Warnock would be interested, but it doesn't sound good at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

With respect, I wasn't concentrating on profit, tmcc was, and I was responding to him.  I was talking about league position and their failure to finish ahead of us with the exception of last season.  The argument can't be that it's a great model but you finish 9th/10th most of the time as I was pointing out. He then switched the argument to them making a big profit on transfers, as if that matters to fans, which I don't think it does.

Regarding the tortoise and hare scenario, that makes no sense whatsoever.  They still haven't achieved anything, they haven't been promoted and if they don't get promoted again this season then what are you going to say?  It's still the tortoise and hare but they are taking a bit more time?  What if they don't get promoted at all?  They are a tortoise but they are hibernating for a very long time?

We got promoted and then we blew it.  That is still better than anything Brentford has done to date.  Once they get promoted then we can all marvel at what they've done and congratulate them on their way of operating.  Until then though, I don't want Boro to copy a club who have so far failed to achieve the things we are aiming to achieve.  That doesn't mean that I don't want to see Boro playing good football because as you know I really do.  And it doesn't mean that I'd like to see a bit more thought going into what we do, because I really would like to see that as well.  We need to do it our own way though, not copy someone else.

They live within their means and found a way to better themselves that didn’t involve just throwing money around. It’s so far shown to be a good long term plan. If you count one promotion, relegation with a whimper before sinking to a bottom 10 team success then that’s your call. Brentford are a smaller club than us and have done well to get where they are and we could do a lot worse than follow their blueprint. You’re just arguing for arguments sake now, it’s obvious they have a better model than we do, promotion or no promotion.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, cornishboroboy said:

A few Cardiff fans seem to think it may be drug related...

That’s what I assumed, to be sacked immediately. Maybe he’s about to get a long ban from playing. 

28 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

and then you wonder why he doesn't issue statements of intention all the time...people have difficult understanding the concept some you win, some you lose...losing streaks come to an end just like winning streaks...just ask Liverpool fans..we just have to hope that we are turning the corner and stop trying to  run before we can walk....we all want the good times back but would you want something you said years ago continually dragged up.....forget that last bit if you are married 

A couple of points you make are key in explaining the differing points of view on this subject.

You mention about cycles of success and Liverpool. If you did ask Liverpool fans at anytime during their negative cycle they would have told you they are the biggest, most successful team in England. They may have been in a cycle of success and failure but they didn't see it, successful people/teams rarely do, that's what makes them successful. They would see it as a positive that they don't understand the concept of win some & lose some.

Our most successful period with Schteve McClaren was supported by the infamous Mr Beswick who tried to instill this superhuman sense of positivity and almost entitlement to success. It's this entitlement that makes us collectively dislike Man Utd, Real Madrid, Juventus types. It's core to why people love an underdog, it's not actually the underdog they support it's the defeat of Goliath.

Successful types are also used to critiscism and either use it to drive them on or most of the time are oblivious to what they see as white noise that does not improve performance. To imply that they don't make statements in fear of further criticism would back up the fact they likely do understand the concept of win some/lose some and therefore are not long term successful. I personally would like to see a person running my club who drives for success, engages with the support and pushes this message regardless of the outcomes and criticism they receive as that is what's proven to achieve over the long term. I do not like the cyclical/streaky/small town mentality as it is proven not to work, hence the reason 'we are where we are' and lunge from one extreme to another. If you believe in cycles and streaks then you believe in luck, that's why some of us play the lottery and some of us don't. 

Now this mini rant is not meant to denigrate anyone nor claim superiority over differing mentalities, I merely wanted to highlight the difference between the for/against arguments regards the current management of the club and explain why I feel i am rightly critical of Sir Steve and Mr Bausor without being labelled as dellusional, spoilt or entitled.

And apologies to everyone for bringing up Steve Agnew, it was totally uncalled for during these testing times 😄

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Cardiff City have terminated the contract of winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing effective immediately over an alleged breach of contract.

The Bluebirds have released a statement, just three days out from the start of the Championship campaign, to say that Mendez-Laing is no longer in the Cardiff City playing squad.

It comes after Neil Harris said Mendez-Laing had not been involved in pre-season plans owing to personal reasons. The 28-year-old had also deleted all forms of social media.

However, it is understood the player's contract termination is not mutual and it is an action which has been taken by the club upon learning of a breach of contract.

The full details as to what this actually means are as yet unknown.

The Bluebirds begin their league season at home to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

Few rumours kicking about that it is drug related. I stress that they are just rumours at this stage.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-cardiff-mendez-laing-live-18904927.amp

"It comes after Neil Harris said Mendez-Laing had not been involved in pre-season plans owing to personal reasons. The 28-year-old had also deleted all forms of social media.

However, it is understood the player's contract termination is not mutual and it is an action which has been taken by Cardiff City upon learning of a breach of contract"

4 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

That’s what I assumed, to be sacked immediately. Maybe he’s about to get a long ban from playing. 

he's in trouble with the FA or the Police, 

but on the plus side his contract has been terminiated so if he's banned by the FA we can sign him after the ban ends, and if it's the police Warnock can say that he's a good lad that lost his way after Warnock left Cardiff and he feels he needs to help. 

I'd be sceptical of the drug test failure claims that's subject to appeals and most recreational failures from cocaine/heroine would only carry a 3 month ban at worst 6 months you certainly wouldn't terminate a 3-5 million pound asset over it.

Now if there is a criminal proceeding of drug related supply offences which could carry a few years in prison different story. Whatever has happened they would only pull the breach of contract move on their asset if it was leading to him being sidelined for a year+ period.

8 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

They live within their means and found a way to better themselves that didn’t involve just throwing money around. It’s so far shown to be a good long term plan. If you count one promotion, relegation with a whimper before sinking to a bottom 10 team success then that’s your call. Brentford are a smaller club than us and have done well to get where they are and we could do a lot worse than follow their blueprint. You’re just arguing for arguments sake now, it’s obvious they have a better model than we do, promotion or no promotion.

It's more successful than them, that's the relevant point!  If we'd been 10th in the Championship over the last few years you'd have been moaning like ***, just as you would be seeing our best players sold 🤦‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-cardiff-mendez-laing-live-18904927.amp

"It comes after Neil Harris said Mendez-Laing had not been involved in pre-season plans owing to personal reasons. The 28-year-old had also deleted all forms of social media.

However, it is understood the player's contract termination is not mutual and it is an action which has been taken by Cardiff City upon learning of a breach of contract"

Contract termination, blimey!

4 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I'd be sceptical of the drug test failure claims that's subject to appeals and most recreational failures from cocaine/heroine would only carry a 3 month ban at worst 6 months you certainly wouldn't terminate a 3-5 million pound asset over it.

Now if there is a criminal proceeding of drug related supply offences which could carry a few years in prison different story. Whatever has happened they would only pull the breach of contract move on their asset if it was leading to him being sidelined for a year+ period.

I think a few Cardiff fans are explicitly suggesting he’s involved in dealing 

Cardiff forum mentioning taking and dealing...

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=217143

• Wow 1

Think cocaine use is fairly widespread in football as it leaves the system so quickly. However I’m Not sure many pros are shooting up over the summer...

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)