oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka Warnocks free agent bargain bin extravaganza

2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Look whatever, you’re clearly just not understanding what people mean when we talk about Following Brentford’s model. And we pretty much have been 10th in the championship for the last few years and DID sell our best players. I moan like *** because we go from one extreme to another with no sign of any planning and consistently replace our best players with garbage, if at all.

No, I'm pretty sure it's them and you who don't understand what you mean or want.  We haven't pretty much been 10th in the Championship over the last few years either.  We've been 4th, 2nd, 19th (Premier League), 5th, 7th, 17th.  Two play off appearances, one automatic promotion, one season in the Premier League and one bad season.  Some of you seem to think we could do what Brentford do but we would somehow do it bigger and better?  Why?  We aren't that much bigger than them, whatever you might think.  We don't generate lots of revenue allowing us to keep our best players in a way that they couldn't.  You want us to copy them but at the same time do better than them?  I'm asking how we would do that?  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Boro Banker said:

Think cocaine use is fairly widespread in football as it leaves the system so quickly. However I’m Not sure many pros are shooting up over the summer...

a 'Banker' who knows about cocaine leaving the system quickly, I wonder why! I'm sure if Woodgate was still kicking about, he would have no issue in signing up Mendez-Laing....

All joking aside, for Cardiff to do that and so close to the season, it must be serious and we should probably stay away from him. He also wouldnt fit into the 5-3-2 we are going for. 

Although that pic is now out there, I could get in trouble and have been asked to take it down. Good news either way 👍

Edited by uncle_rico
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

And with Garry Monk as manager. He’ll be gone by Christmas if they don’t start well. 

Anyone checked if all these new players have the same agent 😉?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

52A645EB-6355-4256-8577-80ACDB7E91CF.jpeg

Where is this photo from?

2 minutes ago, CWC said:

Where is this photo from?

you would guess it's a leak from his announcement photo shoot.

Has Bauser dyed his hair? He looks a little different nowadays

So Boro supposedly very keen on Morsy and Morsy very keen on Teesside the standoff must be with Wigan's administrators over price right? 

They accept he's leaving he sat out friendlies and their League Cup game he has a year left on his contract and Wigan are desperate for money I'm wondering what kind of price we are haggling over surely closer to 500k than a million...

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

So Boro supposedly very keen on Morsy and Morsy very keen on Teesside the standoff must be with Wigan's administrators over price right? 

They accept he's leaving he sat out friendlies and their League Cup game he has a year left on his contract and Wigan are desperate for money I'm wondering what kind of price we are haggling over surely closer to 500k than a million...

I doubt there's even a "standoff" at all. Player probably taking a couple of days to mull it over. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I think there's a set price no real haggling and I would put money on it being near 1m than 500k personally.

Some rumours from that cardiff forum: 

Just be told he failed a drugs test and is involved in dealing what f*cking a waste of a career, such a talent .

Also read it was related to him paying people for fights in the City Centre. Not sure what to believe but interested in hearing the facts. 

Involved in a drink driving accident leaving 2 men requiring serious medical attention

Had all the windows in his car smashed the other day  

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

That Betinelli photo looks weird, the player should be holding the shirt, not Warnock!

The manager and the players agent hold the shirt while the player stands awkwardly to the side like a third wheel. Have you never taken a signing photo before man, jesus!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2