oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka Warnocks free agent bargain bin extravaganza

Hi guys, good to be back on the forum after health issues the past year. Hoping I will be more active this time around!!!. I mentioned Betinelli in one of my very few posts on July 1, 2019 so i'm chuffed to bits that he's coming to the mighty boro.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

EhfAh4hWsAA5NCn?format=jpg&name=large

Areola is basically leaked as done as well both clubs probably about to announce their new GKs officially you'd think.

Looking forward to Sanogo scoring the winner that sends us up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

No, I'm pretty sure it's them and you who don't understand what you mean or want.  We haven't pretty much been 10th in the Championship over the last few years either.  We've been 4th, 2nd, 19th (Premier League), 5th, 7th, 17th.  Two play off appearances, one automatic promotion, one season in the Premier League and one bad season.  Some of you seem to think we could do what Brentford do but we would somehow do it bigger and better?  Why?  We aren't that much bigger than them, whatever you might think.  We don't generate lots of revenue allowing us to keep our best players in a way that they couldn't.  You want us to copy them but at the same time do better than them?  I'm asking how we would do that?  

Copy them as in follow the model, not literally player for player. We probably can’t do it better now because they have more money than us, I always wanted us to take a similar analysis model to try and find gems from the bigger premier league teams u23 teams/unused players, Chalobah, mooy, Michael Keane. At the time we could have afforded them where as Brentford could not. Now we are behind financially we would be looking abroad and league 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

On the Brentford topic from earlier:

That's some incredible business.

Not really, they are no better than us and there is no reason for us to even look at how they do it as we are far more successful.... apparently....

• Haha 1

Just now, LinoJo3 said:

Copy them as in follow the model, not literally player for player. We probably can’t do it better now because they have more money than us, I always wanted us to take a similar analysis model to try and find gems from the bigger premier league teams u23 teams/unused players, Chalobah, mooy, Michael Keane. At the time we could have afforded them where as Brentford could not. Now we are behind financially we would be looking abroad and league 1.

mate give up trying to explain it to him, he's either intentionally misinterpreting the point thats being made to fit his narrative or he just dosent understand, either way the conversation is pointless thus why i stopped replying to him. 

• Like 1

Take this with a pinch of salt because I know nothing at all about the bloke but while I was in hospital recovering from surgery I overheard 2 guys talking about this mystery Charlton player we were supposed to be looking at.. Jason Pearce and warnock previously managed him at Leeds and wants him at boro... Has anyone else heard about it?

11 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Buying the players is only a third of the model. Identifying them and bringing them to a club with a clear way of playing and consistent Roadmap from B team to 1st team is also part of the model. 

3 minutes ago, ElDaftardo said:

Take this with a pinch of salt because I know nothing at all about the bloke but while I was in hospital recovering from surgery I overheard 2 guys talking about this mystery Charlton player we were supposed to be looking at.. Jason Pearce and warnock previously managed him at Leeds and wants him at boro... Has anyone else heard about it?

Think he’s out injured for a couple of months. Left footed aswell so would of been a decent signing. Can’t see it with him Being injured though 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

EhfAh4hWsAA5NCn?format=jpg&name=large

Areola is basically leaked as done as well both clubs probably about to announce their new GKs officially you'd think.

Not anatomically correct, but - tehehehehe.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Poly said:

Think he’s out injured for a couple of months. Left footed aswell so would of been a decent signing. Can’t see it with him Being injured though 

He’s the singer with Spiritualized Isn’t he?

Just reading through the thread trying to catch up, really hope Sam Morsy signs. He's a good player.