oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

How much are we paying to loan Bettinelli for a year?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6177429/Fulham-offer-England-goalkeeper-Marcus-Bettinelli-new-contract.html

You got me thinking he actually appears to be, if you believe salary sites, on 35k a week now they're promoted back in the Premier League due to a bumper contract signed when they were last in the Prem.

I'd guess we're contributing to a chunk of his wages rather than a massive loan fee they just needed him out the door. Short term fix I don't think it's too bad because Zoet/Etheridge would have probably took more wages and fees with us committing to them financially for multiple years.

Edited by Jamie-H
12 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6177429/Fulham-offer-England-goalkeeper-Marcus-Bettinelli-new-contract.html

You got me thinking he actually appears to be, if you believe salary sites, on 35k a week now they're promoted back in the Premier League due to a bumper contract signed when they were last in the Prem.

I'd guess we're contributing to a chunk of his wages rather than a massive loan fee they just needed him out the door. Short term fix I don't think it's too bad because Zoet/Etheridge would have probably took more wages and fees with us committing to them financially for multiple years.

He's a decent keeper certainly but it is a short term fix as you say.  Unless we keep loaning GK's, Stojanovic reverts to being first choice, or one of the young lads comes through, then we're still signing another one at some point.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He's a decent keeper certainly but it is a short term fix as you say.  Unless we keep loaning GK's, Stojanovic reverts to being first choice, or one of the young lads comes through, then we're still signing another one at some point.

Think the club are waiting on Sol Brynn to be ready, he appears to be their next "big thing"

11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Think the club are waiting on Sol Brynn to be ready, he appears to be their next "big thing"

Aye, their next big thing to put no trust in to take the jersey after half a season between the sticks and sell on thereafter. Though I guess that depends on how much Brynn wants to be a footballer vs. how much he wants to be a Boro footballer. I've got zero confidence as things stand that Sol Brynn will ever be #1 here and that's nothing at all to do with his ability.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Boroinredcar said:

Have I missed something and we can now start with 20 players. All these players the above posters are fitting straight into first team we might need 25.

It was said with tongue very firmly in cheek, M-L seems to be bound for a spell at her majesty's pleasure if the rumors are to be believed.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)