oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Bringing in creative players is one thing, finding affordable ones that are available and willing to come is another thing.

We can't just sit and wait until we sign creative players and then start looking for strikers, life isn't that simple. These things happen in parallel, the timing of them getting over the line is variable. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Wonder if were interested in roberts then. Warnock said no. But ITKs seem to think we are. Along with woodrow which seems untrue now. Also mad how none of them picked up on Bettinelli. Hall. Morsy and now apkom. Could be wrong like just i never seen them mentioned. This isnt a dig by the way just wondering how many people are involved in these transfers to keep it under wraps 

4 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Wonder if were interested in roberts then. Warnock said no. But ITKs seem to think we are. Along with woodrow which seems untrue now. Also mad how none of them picked up on Bettinelli. Hall. Morsy and now apkom. Could be wrong like just i never seen them mentioned. This isnt a dig by the way just wondering how many people are involved in these transfers to keep it under wraps 

People picked up on Morsy for sure. The others have all been quiet, but everyone has said that info has been far harder to come by with NW in charge, so it's not terribly surprising.

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

People picked up on Morsy for sure. The others have all been quiet, but everyone has said that info has been far harder to come by with NW in charge, so it's not terribly surprising.

I know. Just makes you think how much we  don't know. Could be after anyone really 

1 hour ago, Smokedsalmon said:

He's a pretty decent player, but is he going to change how we play? Are all these awful long balls we pump forward at every opportunity going to start sticking?

We need width, full backs, wingers, attacking intent. How can everyone in the world see it apart from the men in charge?

I’m pretty sure Warnock can see it when he claimed our two attacking players are Tav and Wing (if he lives up to his potential). We will probably move onto those players next, he has been clear he wants to strengthen the spine first which he has now done with GK, CB, DM and CF

People put far too much stock in the "ITK" label as if it's someone's job and they spend all day sat at Rockliffe or are in with Bausor doing deals.

They're only passing on what they are told - which luckily for us on this forum is sometimes absolutely spot on and makes for exciting reading.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Completely missing my point. To put it in simple terms for you, I’d rather we spent the little money we have, on wingers and creative players, rather then a 3rd striker when we already have two decent ones. We’d still need a new striker, but I’d rather get one on loan or bare minimum fee. 
All will be forgiven if we buy some wingers, but I doubt that’s going to happen.

Thanks but i dont need it in simple terms, can you tell me how you know how little money we have? Also what happens if the 2 strikers we have get an injury or even sold and we dont have time for a replacement, whos to say we are not working on signing creative players akpom came totally out the blue, atleast give it till the window closes before you have a meltdown about what money should be spent on which posisitions etc

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, BG93 said:

Thanks but i dont need it in simple terms, can you tell me how you know how little money we have? Also what happens if the 2 strikers we have get an injury or even sold and we dont have time for a replacement, whos to say we are not working on signing creative players akpom came totally out the blue, atleast give it till the window closes before you have a meltdown about what money should be spent on which posisitions etc

Haha. You seem to have ignored most of my post👍🏼 
Ive literally just said we still needed the 3rd striker. 
And I’ve literally just said I’ll forgive the club if they sign some creative players. I.e giving them to the end of the window.

Edited by BoroSmoggie
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)

45 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

I bet you’re straight into your WhatsApp group telling all your mates the names you hear in here though aren’t you fella 😜

• Haha 2

Why is it so many of our fans think that signing players is as simple as working through a shopping list and going to a particular aisle and selecting what you want before you move to the next aisle?

The transfer window has many moving parts, yes you may want a winger or creative player but you don’t just allow the other positions that require filling to be passed by. Would fans find it preferable if we didn’t sign anyone until we signed a creative player, even though we all know that we need other spots filling?

Typical of Boro fans to lose their *** before allowing the club to finish the job. 
At least save the moaning until the window slams shut before we bemoan our lack of activity.

UTFB

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, BG93 said:

Why does it matter how much we spend, it isnt your money i hope we keep spending as long as we stick to FFP (Although thats doesn't seem to matter other teams) they wouldnt be paying that money if they hadnt done the numbers for it to work as we have seen gibson is all about the FFP and wouldnt not put is jepordy with it. 

Also i like the look of akpom its better than having a unfit sanogo in my opinion i also think from the videos hes going to be our 'big lad up top'. He seems similar size to fletcher but a bit more filled out, also love his passion when scoring running to the fans etc something our players never really did pre lockdown etc

With his goal scoring record in this league plus our lack of creativity i don't think that passion will be on show much

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Its usual for sell on fees to only be on profit isn't it? So they're not being fleeced, especially if he's told them he wants to go back to England.

Depends, usually they specify when they're on profit. That one sounds like a flat % of the fee, which does happen too.