Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka Warnocks free agent bargain bin extravaganza

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Say what you want about woodgate but I’ll give him credit for at least trying to fill our problem positions. He at least wanted us set up the right way, make him DoF if gibbo wants him around so badly haha.

Did he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be a decent end to the window if we can land Green, Roberts and a defender. Doesn't look like we are in for new LWB's and RWB's so let's just pray that Spence, Johnson and Coulson can get better as the season progresses.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Would be a decent end to the window if we can land Green, Roberts and a defender. Doesn't look like we are in for new LWB's and RWB's so let's just pray that Spence, Johnson and Coulson can get better as the season progresses.

We don't even know how good Coulson is at the minute because they seem to refuse to want to actually play him in his proper position. He must be absolutely awful in training like.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brunners said:

We don't even know how good Coulson is at the minute because they seem to refuse to want to actually play him in his proper position. He must be absolutely awful in training like.

saving him for 4-3-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bamford demanded assurances that he would be first choice when fit. he never got them. He then, through his representatives, engineered a move away. This is how it went from start to finish of his exit process.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

We don't even know how good Coulson is at the minute because they seem to refuse to want to actually play him in his proper position. He must be absolutely awful in training like.

Warnock must really dislike Coulson. He was the brightest of the youngster's last season and can't get a look in over Johnson who has been diabolical. At least with Spence who hasn't been much better you can see why he's in the team with no real competition and he brings pace which we don't have anywhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would absolutely love Andre Green here, really surprised he hasn't been snapped up a club yet. A lot of raw potential and I think Warnock could get the best out of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows if Green eventually signs. At least it would give something different initially from the bench. It still doesnt change that we need a CF and a CH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warnock praised Coulson in an interview over the summer. I wonder if he was hit badly by this non Covid (but was it really?) illness like Fry? I think he’ll get his chance soon. 
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Warnock praised Coulson in an interview over the summer. I wonder if he was hit badly by this non Covid (but was it really?) illness like Fry? I think he’ll get his chance soon. 
 

I really hope so. He was one of our brighter lights in the mess that was last season. The lad at least deserves a chance to show what he can do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe people are trying to justify us selling Bamford. It was a ridiculous decision at the time, and appears even more so now. 

I'm genuinely struggling to work out a single decision that Pulis made in his time at the club that has benefited the club in the long term. The signing of McNair is probably the only one that might qualify.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tom said:

I can't believe people are trying to justify us selling Bamford. It was a ridiculous decision at the time, and appears even more so now. 

I'm genuinely struggling to work out a single decision that Pulis made in his time at the club that has benefited the club in the long term. The signing of McNair is probably the only one that might qualify.

Especially when you consider how he handled McNair that season. #10 in pre-season, one injury going into the first game and he turns into a versatility player who will only fill in the gaps left by others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...