oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I'd like us to take a look at Ryan Hardie as a striking option. Was on loan at Argyle from Blackpool last season so watched him a few times. Pacy, direct, non-stop chasing, decent finisher and an all-round menace.

Everything we need, albeit in League One.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Be interesting to see if Warnock thinks he can get performances out of Browne or tries to recoup something. In the brief glimpses I saw be looked OK but too eager to impress, which is bettet than not caring and understandable when stepping up the ladder. Anyone see him often and think he could be worth a go?

1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

Not much. Lot of clubs are financially *** with COVID thrown in. System been broken for a while and i think we will start to see it. Especially with potentially hardly any income for the club to come apart from player sales

Should mean there are bargains in the lower leagues. Some clubs will have to sell to stay afloat.

I would offer Johnson a new contract, our squad is a mess and needs a lot of work. Having a player who can cover 2 or 3 roles will help.

The main priority should be getting the two wastes of space up front out of the club and spend whatever we get on 2 CBs and 3 Strikers. Probably means we have 1m to spend on each at most.

Id sell two of McNair, Saville and Wing as well.

I wish we could get our relationship with Chelsea back. Loaning McEachran, Omeruo, Chalobah and Bamford let us cover gaps whilst we developed the squad.

2 hours ago, BearSmog said:

£3.57

Lazy...  you know it won’t be £3.57 

With the new VAT reductions we could stretch to about £4.10. 👍

I still think Coulson is a left back. I've not seen enough out of him on the wing to declare he's anything but. His best performances for us have definitely been left back or left wing back, IMO. An attacking left back but a left back nonetheless.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I still think Coulson is a left back. I've not seen enough out of him on the wing to declare he's anything but. His best performances for us have definitely been left back or left wing back, IMO. An attacking left back but a left back nonetheless.

Think he's a LWB, fine in a 5, but not strong enough defensively or physically as one of the back 4.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think Warnock has already decided he's not good enough. Marv did well going forward but at times was very poor defensively, giving free-kicks away etc.. And still Coulson didn't get a sniff. He played left back once as a sub under Warnock? 

1 hour ago, ChipBarrington said:

Be interesting to see if Warnock thinks he can get performances out of Browne or tries to recoup something. In the brief glimpses I saw be looked OK but too eager to impress, which is bettet than not caring and understandable when stepping up the ladder. Anyone see him often and think he could be worth a go?

Noticed he's been linked with a perm to Oxford today so the club is probably trying to sell him.

29 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

I would offer Johnson a new contract, our squad is a mess and needs a lot of work. Having a player who can cover 2 or 3 roles will help.

The main priority should be getting the two wastes of space up front out of the club and spend whatever we get on 2 CBs and 3 Strikers. Probably means we have 1m to spend on each at most.

Id sell two of McNair, Saville and Wing as well.

I wish we could get our relationship with Chelsea back. Loaning McEachran, Omeruo, Chalobah and Bamford let us cover gaps whilst we developed the squad.

We don't really have any real connection to Chelsea now Lampards in charge, and he'll more than likely look after ex team mates who are in management when it comes to loaning players out.

6 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I think Warnock has already decided he's not good enough. Marv did well going forward but at times was very poor defensively, giving free-kicks away etc.. And still Coulson didn't get a sniff. He played left back once as a sub under Warnock? 

Warnock did think Johnson was great, though. He's come out and said that. I'd say that's probably a bigger contributor to why Coulson wasn't getting a sniff than Coulson not being good enough for him.

This is just my opinion on Coulson, I know it doesn't seem to be shared because he's an exciting player. But I also never agreed with anyone who said Joe Bennett would be a better left-midfielder because he never used to be a good defender and he was better going forward, he has certainly proved over time to be a better left-back than anything else. He's still very young and I think there are some excellent natural qualities that don't automatically make him a left-winger just because he can attack and beat a man. He's tenacious and gets stuck into challenges, he reads intercepting the ball well for a young lad, he links up well with players in front of him.

Some people on here have said he was always a left-winger but that's news to me, anything I've ever seen about Coulson before he played with the first-team was about him being a left-back, one of a few we've had coming through like Nathan McGinley, Patrick Reading and Terry Stephenson. Maybe he played left-wing a couple of times because of competition for spaces.

• Like 2

I’d love to see in depth stats for Coulson and Spence for this season. Whilst I think they have done a good job travelling with the ball and relieving some pressure, I don’t actually know if they have had much of an impact going forward in terms of assists and accuracy. 

That’s not to say that they are bad, as I understand it’s their first breakthrough season, but I’d like to see more end product from wingbacks going forward. 

7 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I’d love to see in depth stats for Coulson and Spence for this season. Whilst I think they have done a good job travelling with the ball and relieving some pressure, I don’t actually know if they have had much of an impact going forward in terms of assists and accuracy. 

That’s not to say that they are bad, as I understand it’s their first breakthrough season, but I’d like to see more end product from wingbacks going forward. 

You're unlikely to see wingbacks moving forward.

I'm not sure of his view on Coulson (although I wouldn't be surprised to learn he's not the biggest fan) but I'm convinced Warnock sees Djed as a more advanced player than as a RB/RWB.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)