oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

After his pathetic actions in the home game against them this season when he was off the pitch and deliberately came back on to fall over and claim to be injured to stop the game, I wouldn't want someone like that anywhere near the team...diving is bad enough but that was as low as you can get....makes Saha look honest

Is that Louis Saha OC ?

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Oliver Burke is another good shout.

I'd also be looking at Jordan Ibe if possible.

Attacking wise

Burke/ Tav/ Gelhardt/ Ibe/ Roberts

Britt/ Fletcher/ Woodrow

Might as well replace Gary Gill with me. I've got connections 😁

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I think the ship has sailed on that one already mate.  Even if we sold this summer could/would we get more than a few million?

No which is why we might as well keep him. 

44 minutes ago, Duvel said:

No which is why we might as well keep him. 

Keeping him and affording will be two different things. He will be the last of the big earners and as Football outside of the Premiership now enters a period of Covid inflicted austerity the Club may no longer be able to afford him. There is also a potential issue with future contract negotiations as he would be setting a precedent that the club wouldn't want to be hamstrung by.

22 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Keeping him and affording will be two different things. He will be the last of the big earners and as Football outside of the Premiership now enters a period of Covid inflicted austerity the Club may no longer be able to afford him. There is also a potential issue with future contract negotiations as he would be setting a precedent that the club wouldn't want to be hamstrung by.

I think we will be forced to keep him. No championship club will offer him what he is getting here and it makes no sense subsidising his wages for his last season. I think someone on here said he was on £40k per week. The way finances are going he will probably be offered £15k take it or leave it at the end of the season if the club want to keep him.

12 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

Some ridiculous suggestions in this thread.

We are still skint and the wage bill still needs cutting significantly.

That’s not true. The reports I’ve read/heard about say that we’re in a much better position than a majority of the league and money is available. And a very large proportion of our high earners have either moved on or resigned on more favourable terms. 
Unless you mean Spending the likes of £15m on a single player or approx £20m sprucing up the midfield/defence then yeah we’re screwed

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

Some ridiculous suggestions in this thread.

We are still skint and the wage bill still needs cutting significantly.

Definitely agree with this. Whilst things are a bit better than last year Gibson will still be subsidising the club. The market for out of contract players will be very buoyant and I think this window will be very difficult for us with the amount of players we need. Hopefully the scouting team will have a good year.

• Like 1

Just looked at the squad profiles on official website and note both Friend and Marv still on there.

Roberts, Nemecha, Clayton been removed so it has clearly been updated since Sheff Wed game.

8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Just looked at the squad profiles on official website and note both Friend and Marv still on there.

Roberts, Nemecha, Clayton been removed so it has clearly been updated since Sheff Wed game.

That’s probably a sign that Warnock is staying then. Neither of them has let us down in their efforts and if they stay they will be on affordable contracts. We do need numbers in the squad as well. I am a little surprised with Johnson to be honest but some of the deliveries into the box latterly have been decent. If we get a genuine left back maybe Johnson will be used as one of the front 3.

7 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

That’s probably a sign that Warnock is staying then. Neither of them has let us down in their efforts and if they stay they will be on affordable contracts. We do need numbers in the squad as well. I am a little surprised with Johnson to be honest but some of the deliveries into the box latterly have been decent. If we get a genuine left back maybe Johnson will be used as one of the front 3.

If Johnson is used as part of a front 3 then our problems are greater than i anticipated. 

I hope Johnson's role is no more than a squad player similar in way he contributed to Sheff Utd.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

If Johnson is used as part of a front 3 then our problems are greater than i anticipated. 

I hope Johnson's role is no more than a squad player similar in way he contributed to Sheff Utd.

It probably will be as a squad member. Warnock obviously trusts him and maybe having a coach that gives him some belief he will do ok.We need a lot of players with limited funds so whilst it may disappoint some it probably makes some sense.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)