oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

£7m is roughly £135K per week so if rumour is taken as fact:

Howson trigered his clause so i expect him to be on last seasons terms

Gestede £35k - Ayala £25k -    Shotton £20k - Clayton  £20K - Friend £15k - Johnson £8k leaves us about £12k a week to lose and i assume the loanees payments exceeded that.

plus whatever bonus scheme each player had to add to the savings, apps, goals clean sheets, not that many of the latter would have been payed out

Edited by estonpidge
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Gestede £35k - Ayala £25k -    Shotton £20k - Clayton  £20K - Friend £15k - Johnson £8 leaves us about £12k a week to lose and i assume the loanees payments exceeded that.

plus whatever bonus scheme each player had to add to the savings, apps, goals clean sheets, not that many of the latter would have been payed out

Johnson on £8 a week is about £7 too much 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
22 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

The players that have left were possibly around 5m a year in total 

As @estonpidge has pointed out Shotton can be added to that mix. Plus as he said if we are paying any % of Roberts and Nmecha's wages they can be removed from the £25 Million too. 

Ayala and Friend signed contract extensions in the summer we were promoted, Clayton signed an extension during the Prem campaign. Gestede was signed in the Prem season and Shotton in the season after relegation when we were spending hand over fist. It could be possible that all were on or close to £20k+ per week.

22 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Gestede £35k - Ayala £25k -    Shotton £20k - Clayton  £20K - Friend £15k - Johnson £8k leaves us about £12k a week to lose and i assume the loanees payments exceeded that.

Johnson on 8 quid a week, no wonder the club is having to trim the wage bill, which lunatic negotiated that deal :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

@ManBearPig. Luke Freeman a great shout. Dont think he got a look in at Sheff Utd and dont think he will next season as they targer bettee players.

Jota at Villa another we could possibly look at. Also not got much game time there this season.

Great shouts 👍 

38 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Add Randolph too if the Gazette estimate was at the start of the season.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Will said:

Add Randolph too if the Gazette estimate was at the start of the season.

Very true!

Just found the article, it's from March 2020, it doesn't specify when they consider the wage bill total from, start or middle of the season. The way it reads sounds like the start of the season after the summer 2019 window. So it sounds like we can also include Randolph in our calculations too.

I also misquoted the figure, the Gazette have it £22 Million. So it is entirely possible that letting; Randolph, Gestede, Ayala, Clayton and Shotton go would equate to a big enough reduction to take us below £18 Million. 

Article below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-stark-numbers-middlesbroughs-accounts-17903178.amp

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

Phil Jagielka is another good shout. He became out of contract on July 4th and is one of Warnocks previous lieutenants to marshal the back line.

Jesus man he's nearly 40.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Earlier in the season the Gazette had our wage bill at about the £25 Million mark. We are one of the clubs that are really pressing to have an £18 million salary cap for the coming season. So we have to free up £7 Million. If it comes to fruition.

We've let Gestede, Ayala and Clayton go. Howson agreed a year extension (but unsure if that is on reduced terms), and if you read between the lines we are likely negotiating with Friend and Johnson over new deals (you'd expect on lower wages). I doubt that all of those get us close to £7 Million we need to shave off and that is before we bring in players. 

If it was before Christmas, then you can add £2m (+?) for Randolph.

To be fair, if we have to go with Warnock for just a year, I'd rather us be signing people on a free and on single year contracts, those who might do a job for us, than build an entire squad shaped in his image that we're still struggling to rid ourselves of in 3 years time. Not everyone but filling some of the gaps that way might not be too bad.

The better thing to do in my eyes would be to not hire Warnock but hey, we can all see where this ship is heading now.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

To be fair, if we have to go with Warnock for just a year, I'd rather us be signing people on a free and on single year contracts, those who might do a job for us, than build an entire squad shaped in his image that we're still struggling to rid ourselves of in 3 years time.

The better thing to do in my eyes would be to not hire Warnock but hey, we can all see where this ship is heading now.

I’m not sure, I’ve got a feeling that Warnock will turn us down, I wonder how much money we are offering him and indeed how much he wants, to make it worth uprooting himself and his wife.

I believe the stories that Gibson has offered him the job, it makes sense from the club’s perspective, it makes less sense for Warnock to take the job and I’m not sure that he will. 

We all agree we lack leadership down our spine taking Gunter/Hall who have captained clubs are not overly old and would probably take up 15k a week a piece at most so 1.5-2 million over a year and if it doesn't work out in a year we can get money from them. I'd take that scenario over paying 1-2 million for a centre back from a lower division who'd be on 750k for the year but wouldn't have anywhere near their proven experience and leadership.

Kieffer Moore's not a sexy name and at 6 foot 5 would bring back memories of the gymnast but if you watch him he actually has a good engine on him and he has great technique for a big man he would definitely improve our attack in my opinion.

We don't just need bodies through the door we need a couple of leaders they aren't going to be cheap either way you look at it but to me the far simpler path for Warnock would be to get them on decent contracts for no fee than a 7 figure fee on a cheaper contract. Gunter would be the first RB we've had in years who could actually cross a ball as well so personally I'd be very happy to get him in him being a captain for years is an added bonus.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)