oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 minutes ago, tmcc said:

its easy to name players who are better than those we are after, but name players we actually have a realistic chance of signing is harder and actually what im asking.  also on the Leko point, hes a striker so its to be expected that a better goal ratio that jones who is a winger...

Theyre all realistic though, Burke will probably be loaned out again now theyre in the prem, Grosicki is a squad player that we could tempt them to loan to us if we pay wages we tried to sign him January before last when we were worse off financially than we are now and Leko looked good for Charlton before his injury which he's back from now and will be fit for the new season start 100% being loaned out

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

so what your saying is monk signed loads of decent players for this level right? so why are will still in this division if monks signings were so good.  you have your opinion that great. but its an opinion which is actually quite far from the truth. the truth is monk's signings were all ***. and its the reason we have been struggling since.  

Dynamo, its not the players fault. Its the managers we’ve had, or the scouts, or Gary Gills. The players we signed 3 years ago have taken us from premier wannabes to firefighting relegation. It doesnt matter what they cost or what their wages are people just need to look at the last 3 league tables.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

so what your saying is monk signed loads of decent players for this level right? so why are will still in this division if monks signings were so good.  you have your opinion that great. but its an opinion which is actually quite far from the truth. the truth is monk's signings were all ***. and its the reason we have been struggling since.  

lmao your logic is so dumb, we didnt get promoted therefore the players he signed were bad is basically what your saying. the players were clearly decent as i pointed out, most moved onto to higher clubs Randolph, Braithwaite, Christe,  or stayed here and were part of a side that finished 6/7th respectively which is no easy feat. 
it seems like i have to point out the obvious to you but good players dont equal promotion, they help, but it takes more than that. also Dismissing players as bad for not getting promoted straight away form the most competitive league in the world just shows your one dimensional thinking of lack of understanding on all things football. 
your entitled to your opinion but if yours is based of the such logical thinking as "we didnt get promoted straight away so all the players are bad" ill stick with my own opinion thank you.  

Edited by tmcc

One of, if not the main reason for Jones leaving Boro was because of off field local issues so I'm not sure him returning would be a plus for either the lad himself or the club. Him being "local" is more of a problem than a bonus. If similarly Windass has attitudinal or behavioural issues then we should also give him a wide berth.

As has been mentioned Browne is similar to Jones and is already at the club but with more potential so bringing Jones in for Browne wouldn't make sense. That doesn't however mean that I think Browne is going to be good enough to make it at Championship level, the jury is still out on him although I do think under Warnock could be the makings of him.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

One of, if not the main reason for Jones leaving Boro was because of off field local issues so I'm not sure him returning would be a plus for either the lad himself or the club. Him being "local" is more of a problem than a bonus. If similarly Windass has attitudinal or behavioural issues then we should also give him a wide berth.

As has been mentioned Browne is similar to Jones and is already at the club but with more potential so bringing Jones in for Browne wouldn't make sense. That doesn't however mean that I think Browne is going to be good enough to make it at Championship level, the jury is still out on him although I do think under Warnock could be the makings of him.

Excellent point. If we had signed Browne this season as opposed to last we would Probably have been happier with him than Jones.

16 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Dynamo, its not the players fault. Its the managers we’ve had, or the scouts, or Gary Gills. The players we signed 3 years ago have taken us from premier wannabes to firefighting relegation. It doesnt matter what they cost or what their wages are people just need to look at the last 3 league tables.

the last three season you mention in your post, we finished 6th and 7th in two of them the exact opposite of firefighting relegation, and in this 3rd most recent season, i dont think any boro fan would deny that the main reason for our struggle was the tactical ineptitude of Johnathon woodgate. 
This isnt to say the players are blameless but to imply the main reason for our current situation is because of the players and not poor club management at all levels seems to imply you've been living under a rock for the past 18 months. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Happy to see Wolves want Fry too. Hopefully we can between £15-20m for him. 

Where has Ibe link come from. 

Dont care about Moore. Rather have Martin..

I think we will be lucky to get more than 7 mil for Fry. If he wasn’t English/local we’d probably look at 3-4 mil. 

30 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

i accept these points, and neither of the signings are my perfect IMO, but my underlying point is that i dont think we can do any better. as i stated Windass has 12  goals in 64 games at championship level which is far better than anything we have had in a while that didnt cost us millions, to get this type of player on a free cant be bad.  
I understand the scepticism with jones alot more but iv heard people dismissing him cause he didnt do it rangers, a side who have qualified with the champions league  and currently in the last 16 of europa league, not making it there is hardly a sign he couldnt do a job for boro.
again, im not saying these players arnt without their faults, but who can we honestly get whos better?  the main name thrown around is Jordan Ibe but he was 38k a week at bournmouth and also hasnt really done anything of note for years, for the wages he would demand is he any less of a risk?
Im all for signing better players if we can get them but, the options have to be realistic 

32 minutes ago, tmcc said:

lmao your logic is so dumb, we didnt get promoted therefore the players he signed were bad is basically what your saying. the players were clearly decent as i pointed out, most moved onto to higher clubs Randolph, Braithwaite, Christe,  or stayed here and were part of a side that finished 6/7th respectively which is no easy feat. 
it seems like i have to point out the obvious to you but good players dont equal promotion, they help, but it takes more than that. also Dismissing players as bad for not getting promoted straight away form the most competitive league in the world just shows your one dimensional thinking of lack of understanding on all things football. 
your entitled to your opinion but if yours is based of the such logical thinking as "we didnt get promoted straight away so all the players are bad" ill stick with my own opinion thank you.  

Yes my basic logic is if you spend 40 odd million to build a new team to get promoted then fail and get sacked before xmas for poor performance and being a slink. leaving a totally different manager to drag us up the table and scrape a place in the playoff.

yes basically that it isnt it. so basically you think.  if a manager signs loads of players that dont fit into any sort of system at all.  it doesnt make any of them bad signings, because your logic is: if you look at them individually without taking into account anything else (the stupid part) it makes each player look like a decent signing based on that individual signing alone. AND YOU CALLED MY OPINION DUMB. mate you just been awarded an honorary degree is stupidity congratulations.

• Haha 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)