oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

From what I have heard, he has begun to really he is in the doorway of the well-known saloon and has realised that some of his "mates" weren't necessarily also his "friends" ....he is young enough to think he has a future and hopefully old enough to begin to learn life isn't all about being the big man,,,all up to him really....we could do worse...we very probably could do better...but if he delivered for a year or two while we signed someone for more money elsewhere in the team, I could live with that

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Hoping that we get this Wesley said as according to fifa he is rated very highly as would rather we go for someone different rather than signing some former players like Jordan jones - if we dont sign sny other players i be shell shocked as i didnt think  warnock would of stayed

1 hour ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Alex Bywater @_AlexBywater
Exclusive: #Swans want free agent Daniel Ayala to add to their defensive ranks but face competition from other clubs. Steve Cooper keen to sign an experienced centre-half. Story in today’s @TheSunFootball

So Ayala isn't getting that big move that we had to hear about for weeks? I'm shocked.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Micky050976 said:

Hoping that we get this Wesley said as according to fifa he is rated very highly as would rather we go for someone different rather than signing some former players like Jordan jones - if we dont sign sny other players i be shell shocked as i didnt think  warnock would of stayed

Warnock is apparently controlling transfers.. if he wants Jones give him Jones.

21 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

That is pretty widely sourced by the Echo even down to club sources giving them the likely fee of 500k. Sounds like this is definitely more than Scottish paper talk now he reads as a main target specifically replacing Roberts. Going to be an interesting one I think he has the ability to make it but back in a home environment  I'd worry about his focus.

I like his directness on his Killie youtube clips. I think we were interested in him in Jan but a few people said he liked a drink. Hope he has settled down a bit.

6 minutes ago, Micky050976 said:

If we don’t sign any other players we are absolutely *** hahah

8 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

From what I have heard, he has begun to really he is in the doorway of the well-known saloon and has realised that some of his "mates" weren't necessarily also his "friends" ....he is young enough to think he has a future and hopefully old enough to begin to learn life isn't all about being the big man,,,all up to him really....we could do worse...we very probably could do better...but if he delivered for a year or two while we signed someone for more money elsewhere in the team, I could live with that

Is this now not the third time he has been in that very same doorway? To me that challenge in the Old Firm game suggests that deep down his attitude and mentality hasn't changed since he left Teesside. MFC tried to sort him out when he was here, in the end he had to move far away to get away from whatever or whoever it was that was supposedly being a bad influence on him. I just can't see him being a Warnock type player at all.

Looking at the highlight reel he looks decent. But that’s what highlight reels are supposed to do. And remember it’s Scottish football and where as I admit Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen are decent clubs the rest would make me look decent (well maybe not but you get my drift) 

He seemed to play mainly on the left so it could be a replacement to Johnson who as far as I know still hasn’t been given/signed a new contract. 
So the question is, is he better than Johnson or just cheaper? 

19 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Warnock is apparently controlling transfers.. if he wants Jones give him Jones.

It will be interesting to see how much control Warnock actually has. 

Asking him if he would prefer Jones or Johnson is still "control" but not exactly being in complete control. 

Time will tell but as long as Gibno et al are around I doubt Warnock has control.

The Jones link worries me as he is linked every window.

6 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Looking at the highlight reel he looks decent. But that’s what highlight reels are supposed to do. And remember it’s Scottish football and where as I admit Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen are decent clubs the rest would make me look decent (well maybe not but you get my drift) 

He seemed to play mainly on the left so it could be a replacement to Johnson who as far as I know still hasn’t been given/signed a new contract. 
So the question is, is he better than Johnson or just cheaper? 

As Johnson won't require a fee and his wages won't be among the highest at the club overall I would imagine him being better value. If it was true "cost" then for me its a no brainer, when do we ever learn about bringing back ex players. After Ravel Morrison I would have thought the Club would be only too aware of Players with baggage. We need to keep focus in the coming season and can do without a distracting sideshow. 

I'm quite surprised there has been no announcement from the club either way about Friend and Johnson. I know contract talks can sometimes be quite protracted, but I would have thought that once Warnock was offered the contract that would have been his first order of business. On balance of probability, I expect both to stay, but as I say, I'm surprised it's not been sorted out already.

I'm sick of this can only go to players/staff with local connection ***. How many successful teams do that? Jordon Jones was moved on because he wasn't worth the hassle. He's been doing ok in a poor league for Killie, done nothing at Rangers. 

I know we find it hard to attract decent players due to our location, and if we aren't offering the financial incentives either it makes it harder still, but I'm sure there is better players out there than him. 

Edited by Johnmfc81
  • Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)