oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Yeah obviously wouldn't live up to the exact maths but he's still levels above Jordan Jones

Just sick of being lied to by the club tbh "no reason we can't be pushing for play offs next season" or whatever NW said and first order of business is replacing Patrick Roberts with Jordan Jones. That's a downgrade on ability and output on the lowest scoring side in the league and stinks of lower mid table.

What's the alternative? There aren't many like for like alternatives for quality players and it looks likely that Roberts won't be available.

Personally I am not too concerned about individuals, our priority is getting a balanced team who all play their part. In the right system, players viewed as lesser ability can give you more and we have a tendency to over rely on individuals as it is

• Like 2
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Lol... "highlights"

A fine selection of defenders lacking any ability to defend, goalkeepers jumping over tame shots, deflections and no look lumping it into the box. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

... in 613 minutes of football. Which means he contributed to a goal every 153 minutes. Even in Jones’ most productive season, he only contributed to a goal every 267 minutes. And that’s in Scotland... where the defending is laughable at times. 

He played 613 minutes of football for a reason, that stat is as negative as it is positive considering he was here since January

8 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

He played 613 minutes of football for a reason, that stat is as negative as it is positive considering he was here since January

It’s still a massive downgrade in terms of goal contribution. I mean Roberts contributed to a goal every 85 minutes during in his time in Scotland. 

Going off their records in Scotland (as those are the only comparable stats that we have) Roberts would only need to be fit for a third of the season and would still contribute to more goals than Jones. 

I would be very happy with Tyler Blackett.

Lots of championship experience and he's still only 26. Manchester United academy graduate with the bonus of being northern so I can see him coming to us realistically.

Versatile player who can play LB and CB, has a good cross.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

That's a view with an agenda, Fletcher has been directly involved in 20 goals this season in 46 games in a low scoring side.

In the championship he was involved in 18 of our 48 championship goals and beyond that you can see the improvement in him. Resorting to concentrating on his price tag proves absolutely nothing beyond Monk taking the *** in transfer deals

Can you explain the improvement to me then because I really dont see it.

His goal per game ratio has barely changed and he still misses a lot of chances.

• Angry 1
3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It’s still a massive downgrade in terms of goal contribution. I mean Roberts contributed to a goal every 85 minutes during in his time in Scotland. 

Going off their records in Scotland (as those are the only comparable stats that we have) Roberts would only need to be fit for a third of the season and would still contribute to more goals than Jones. 

It's not really a downgrade in actual terms for us though because he played so little, I think we can't overthink it. Let's just see what we end up with at the start of the season, prem loans may become available too

8 minutes ago, Weasel said:

I would be very happy with Tyler Blackett.

Lots of championship experience and he's still only 26. Manchester United academy graduate with the bonus of being northern so I can see him coming to us realistically.

Versatile player who can play LB and CB, has a good cross.

Him and McNair were inseparable at United were best friends I can see that helping him settle if he comes.

He was a very athletic CB who I guess has been converted to a LB he has a pretty good assist ratio for last season when he was played LB something like an assist every 3 games. We could do with some extra height and athleticism in our backline he ticks the boxes would be interested to see his injury record though feel like he's missed alot of football in the past few years.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Can't say I've ever paid much attention to him when we've played Reading, but he's a left back and we're crying out for one.

Anyone heard any or have their own views on him?

I was convinced Blackett was a left footed centre back who can play left back if need be? I could be very wrong mind.

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I was convinced Blackett was a left footed centre back who can play left back if need be? I could be very wrong mind.

Started out as a centre back but has played more games at LB.

image.png.1995c7151f0970efae19f6c50ad1677e.png

2 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

His goal per game ratio has barely changed and he still misses a lot of chances.

Much more consistency, he's added assists to his game too from last season and hes scored more goals in each season. He also looks like he's better in the air than previously too.

In simple stats, this season in all competitions he was involved in 20 goals in 46 games compared to be involved directly in 7 goals in 24 games last season.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

He's went from scoring 3 goals and 5 goals in a season to scoring 11.

His first season in the Championship was a 1 in 10 ratio, this season it's 1 in 4.

That's a clear improvement, and not even including assists.

He'd already started to improve last season, but he only consistently got a game from February onwards, in which he got 5 goals in 15 games.

You can say that he's not good enough, but it's being deliberately obtuse to say he hasn't improved since his first season with us.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Says on Reading website he left Manu as he had Evra in front of him. He played LB first 2 seasons at reading then CB for most of 2018/19. It looks like we are looking at a lot of frees, but they are of a good age and not at end of their careers.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)