oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

It doesn't matter at all who we play up front if we don't add pace and creativity in midfield/out wide imo, the money has to go there surely 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Don't agree with what Gestede did / said. I half understand the logic of why he's asked for a 6 month extension should he get an injury - it's a protection policy. And I get why some of the other players elsewhere have refused to extend contracts, especially those who have their careers ahead of them and haven't had a stellar deal to date - a footballers career is short. But, end of the day, how much had the club already ploughed into Gestede's pocket - when he's either been unavailable or sh*te prior. He should have given something back to the club that has given him so much, even if that involved a 'risk'. I'd have more sympathy for his demands if he'd contributed ANYTHING previous.

Seriously, what an absolute c*nt.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

It doesn't matter at all who we play up front if we don't add pace and creativity in midfield/out wide imo, the money has to go there surely 

We need 2 wingers, a creative midfielder, an aerial striker, another CB and apparently a new GK but not a new LB that's the narrative you get from Vickers and co.

It's all speculation of course who knows what Warnock's targeting specifically but at LB unless he thinks he can turn Bola around I'm not convinced we even have a competent one between Friend and Coulson one gets rinsed by the slightest pace and trickery and the other gets bullied and climbed on.

We'll just have to wait and see but seeing us put in 2 million pound bids for Moore is a little strange when like you say we need width and pace. You look at Cardiff last year he cherry picked Whyte and Vaulks for nearly 4 million from League 1 the problem is there's only really 2 standout wingers in that league for me Ronan Curtis and Gooch so where he finds the pace we need without looking abroad I really don't know.

4 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

We need 2 wingers, a creative midfielder, an aerial striker, another CB and apparently a new GK but not a new LB that's the narrative you get from Vickers and co.

It's all speculation of course who knows what Warnock's targeting specifically but at LB unless he thinks he can turn Bola around I'm not convinced we even have a competent one between Friend and Coulson one gets rinsed by the slightest pace and trickery and the other gets bullied and climbed on.

We'll just have to wait and see but seeing us put in 2 million pound bids for Moore is a little strange when like you say we need width and pace. You look at Cardiff last year he cherry picked Whyte and Vaulks for nearly 4 million from League 1 the problem is there's only really 2 standout wingers in that league for me Ronan Curtis and Gooch so where he finds the pace we need without looking abroad I really don't know.

The gazette mentioned Coulson moving further forward, maybe they'll try and push that narrative if we fail to sign wingers, that Coulson is the next Ryan Giggs going forward or something

From League 1 I like Ronan Curtis and Kieran Sadlier, Sadlier's a free agent as well but realistically can't keep signing League One players and expect to challenge for play offs

What about Pears? Isn't he out of contract? Friend and Johnson offered new deals, others acknowledged as released. Yet no mention of Pears it seems. Odd.

Joe Hart anyone?

I have a feeling this is one of the PL standard signings Warnock would be keen to improve. Definitely worth a punt on a free imo. And if there were goings-on behind the scenes, would make a little sense as to why Pears (fall-back?) isn't mentioned.

Just now, 2plus2 said:

What about Pears? Isn't he out of contract? Friend and Johnson offered new deals, others acknowledged as released. Yet no mention of Pears it seems. Odd.

Joe Hart anyone?

I have a feeling this is one of the PL standard signings Warnock would be keen to improve. Definitely worth a punt on a free imo.

Pears is entering the final year of his contract I think I read on the Gazette.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Pears is entering the final year of his contract I think I read on the Gazette.

You could be right. Though just found this from a few months back.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-fc/middlesbrough-boss-jonathan-woodgate-provides-aynsley-pears-contract-update-after-impressive-leeds-united-display-2004029

So, unless already activated, Boro have the option.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

The gazette mentioned Coulson moving further forward, maybe they'll try and push that narrative if we fail to sign wingers, that Coulson is the next Ryan Giggs going forward or something

From League 1 I like Ronan Curtis and Kieran Sadlier, Sadlier's a free agent as well but realistically can't keep signing League One players and expect to challenge for play offs

I think we can do with plucking 1 or 2 of the 'best in position' players from League 1 and Curtis would fit that bill but he has a 2 million pricetag if we were iffy paying similar last summer for Lowe I imagine we'll be reluctant again.

The problem we have is even if we sell a player or two I don't want us spending 5 million + on a player especially from the league we're in so you get to a point where you struggle to see where we can sign all these players for a reasonable price once the free agents run out and Warnock wont be loaning any Prem kids you suspect so it's tough to picture where we find these players especially if we end up really far down Warnock's list.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18626948.middlesbrough-boss-neil-warnock-hoping-make-signing-week/

The Echo say Warnocks put an offer on the table for Charlie Goode and is in talks with 2-3 attacking targets but as of now we don't know who they are they are apparently 'key targets' but if these mystery deals fall off where's the next tier that's what I worry about.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-qpr-close-to-beating-middlesbrough-to-1m-signing-of-25-yr-old/

Goode's apparently fell off and if not him or Gibson then where's the next CB coming from that's my worry.

Edited by Jamie-H

Anyone hear Warnocks interview on bbc tees earlier. Said he expects decisipn by George and Marv within a week. Added he would love George to stay but what George needs to weigh up is whether he happy to be a squad player at a club he been at a long time at or he want to go somewhere new where he might be guaranteed more game time.

28 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Well Gareth Bale was a left-back at the start of his Tottenham career - maybe Coulson could play LW.

Imo The problem Coulson has is that he is poor defensively and always seems to get caught out..  And I don't think he is good enough attacking to be am out an out winger. He looks great going forward from deep. I reckon his best position would be LWB but that's only if we play with 5 at the back which I can't see us doing on a regular basis. Hopefully he is working on his defending because if he sorts that out he could be a top player. But if he sees himself as a winger I can't see him lasting very long at this level 

6 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Well Gareth Bale was a left-back at the start of his Tottenham career - maybe Coulson could play LW.

We've seen him play Left wing vs Hull - one of our worst performances this season going forward I'd say 

We need out and out wingers that get defenders running back to their own goal, we've been a delight to defend against since Traore left, one paced, predictable and no cutting edge 

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)