oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

What's significant about the 25th August?

Warnock said our number 1 loan target has told us he won't  be moving till at least the 24th August. Or won't even be making a decision until then.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I mean given what our own scouts and recruitment turn out, it can't be much worse to ask agents what's available through their networks in particular positions, all this is doing really is widening the net a little in the hope we find something good. No guarantee of quality but maybe names we wouldn't have thought of looking at and maybe at least if he finds a player in that group who he likes, he's already begun the conversation with the agent.

Have our scouts consistently found bad players? Or have the players we've brought in been utilised wrong?

Based upon the video on MFC site today. I get the feeling Warnock is hinting our recruitment team are purely focusing on the stats and not digging into the videos etc as he references how he watches the videos later and can judge from that. 

So maybe, you see 3 players with the best stats in the game. But see whilst they make an interception for example, they make a poor decision on distribution that leads to a goal or pressure. Can't be exactly sure - as we aren't in know. But thats kind of what I read into that comment. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Warnock said our number 1 loan target has told us he won't  be moving till at least the 24th August. Or won't even be making a decision until then.

I was asking about the 25th as that was the date mentioned.  I just wondered if there was some significance to that date?  24th would be day after the Champions League final.

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I was asking about the 25th as that was the date mentioned.  I just wondered if there was some significance to that date?  24th would be day after the Champions League final.

I assume because the 25th is the day after the 24th and would probably be the day a signing like that would arrive? 

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Must be a player at city or Chelsea then... Roberts?

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I assume because the 25th is the day after the 24th and would probably be the day a signing like that would arrive? 

I was asking if there was some significance to that date for the person making the decision i.e. was there a reason that he was making the decision then.  It could be a personal reason, I just wondered if there was one related to football.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I was asking if there was some significance to that date for the person making the decision i.e. was there a reason that he was making the decision then.  It could be a personal reason, I just wondered if there was one related to football.

It wasn't mentioned. 

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Can't see Chelsea overturning their deficit. They'll be done in the next week.

Yeah I was thinking that too. That’s why my initial thought would be a city player. That and the fact that Roberts was here this year

12 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

Yeah I was thinking that too. That’s why my initial thought would be a city player. That and the fact that Roberts was here this year

We have too many midfielders, no point in Kevin De Bruyne begging to come sign for us 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Ohh right, with you now, sorry!

4 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I never said from the club, what, you think I was saying Steve Gibson was banging on his door calling him a donkey? Jesus wept. 😂

OK, so we can both agree he didn't owe us anything contractually. That's a given. Just as we have contractually no reason to owe him anything at the end of this contract, it's done, it's over and that's that.

So what do we expect from him when we ask him to stay? An agreement based on morality? Why? Can you give an example of where we've gone above and beyond morally to make his time at Middlesbrough better? If not, why should he make a decision based on morality?

You're reading waaay too much into this bud, your imagination is off the charts - what did they slip into your tea this morning?

My point doesn't extend past the millions that have sat in his bank after he has returned next to nothing on said investment. I don't expect him to get out a chart and weigh up the pros and cons of deontological morality.. and of course he is entitled to say no. But there are certain companies/bosses in my past, or jobs where I have been paid more than others, where I'd probably expect myself to give a bit more back - regardless of whether or not it's 5pm on the dot. Of course not everyone thinks that way. But it's my opinion that if Gestede had a shred of self awareness he'd realise that he's absoutely fleeced us the past few years, and the consequences of his poor showings - both historically and after removing a handful of further appearances - could have had dire consequences. That makes him either selfish, or stupid.

I get that you're a pen and paper man. It's just not how I think.

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)