oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Just now, PsychFur said:

I know it's a highlights video but what's not to like 😁

Pace, power, left foot, right foot, headers, pennas.

A third of his goals were penalties, which is always a little worrying. Nitpicking really but yeah.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Not for me. 28 yo, never played higher than league one. 1 in 4 record in last 8 years in lower leagues. Dont think hes mobile enough or brings others into play much. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TheJew said:

That Blackpool fella reminds me of Gestede. Apparently he isn't very "mobile".

He looks like he has a turn of pace in the video. Hope the rumours are true 

• Like 1

Realistically unless we’re selling a striker he’s going to be 3rd choice, so as long as his wages are sensible I’d be ok with Gnanduillet.

If Warnock has a real issue with us being the lowest scorers in league for 3 years running then simply signing a striker from Blackpool who has a decent but not great goal return of 15 goals in league 1will probably not solve issue.

Happy to sign him but hopefully in addittion to somone else.

What we ideally need is a striker who scores 12-15 goals at champo level to go with the 12-15 Britt and Fletch should be getting.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

If Warnock has a real issue with us being the lowest scorers in league for 3 years running then simply signing a striker from Blackpool who has a decent but not great goal return of 15 goals in league 1will probably not solve issue.

What we ideally need is a striker who scores 12-15 goals at champo level to go with the 12-15 Britt and Fletch should be getting.

Good luck giving them all enough game time in what will almost certainly be a 433.

1 hour ago, Dynamo Kev said:

i think he look class. if he is good in the champo its wouldnt take long for prem clubs to come sniffing i reckon. we should be getting him all day long.

How reliabe are the links? Yes from me 3rd different to Britt and fletch 

Again, i think any player through the door this window will be suited to a certain style of play under Warnock. I hope and pray that we are now past signing players who “look good on paper” but then don’t suit how we play. 

Telling that we look at the stats model for signings, but Warnock dismisses the players based on his experience. Data can only give you a certain view point, which rarely beats experience. Hopefully we find a happy medium, but if Warnock likes the look of him and thinks he could utilise him then I trust his judgement more than Woodgate. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I don’t think the issue is the strikers, you’d struggle to find 2 better than them at this level on a budget. For me, the goal scoring problem is more from the lack of pace and creativity out wide and in midfield. I think that’s where the priority needs to be once we’ve sorted the defence because at times the forwards looked like they were playing a different game by themselves. 

• Like 4

I suggested Gnanduillet as a cheap Gestede so we can use our money on creative midfielders, I thought Fletcher and Britt were brilliant since the restart personally and is more than a good enough strikeforce for top 10

They could both score 15+ if we sign 2 wingers and a number 10 type player, Britt's best season was when we had Traore

Hardest bit is fitting them into a formation could play Fletcher on the left in a 4-3-3 with Britt up front or Fletcher just off Gnanduillet in a 4-2-3-1 or Fletcher lone man with 2 wingers who like to cut in similar to Fulham  (Cavaleiro - Mitrovic - Knockaert) and Tav as an attacking CM in a 3 of him, Saville and Howson

• Like 4
2 hours ago, tmcc said:

Looks decent enough on a free and as back up, seems to have attributes we lack i.e pace and power. 

Looks decent on his highlights video, so did Dong Gook Lee and Alves though!  

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)