oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Not blown away with the Stewart link, it has a Paddy McNair relegated with Sunderland and is available vibe to it. 

The problem I have is I’m not sure if it’s Warnock identifying the players, in which case I’d feel more positive. Or if it’s the recruitment team identifying the players who we can get and saying, take him or leave him. 

I think a lot of the uncertainty with transfers comes from the lack of success from the recruitment team from previous deals. I always feel like we get a player because they’re available rather than identifying them to fit a gap in the team for role X in a certain system. 

Does anyone else feel like that or is it just me and my 3 drinks in ramblings?

Liverpool keep buying players from relegated teams.  It is possible to get good players from bad teams.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, edinboro said:

The Stewart £8m thing to Hull was weird. That was £1m less than Robertson who went the other way. I think it was done like that for the books. No way was he worth £8m.

Liverpool seem to be able to sell players for outrageous fees.

Bournemouth paid thrm approximately 40 mil for Dominic Solanke, Jordan Ibe and Brad Smith 🤕🤮 

2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Sheff Wed just got Dunkley for free from Wigan, was he any good last season? 

Don’t think Wigan fans were too inspired by him tbf. Thought we should’ve been having a look on a free though. 

Theres is definitely players that I’d like for cheap from Wigan the likes of Lowe and Kipre in particular 

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I should get some info tomorrow. 

If I don't then I'll just make something up when I've had a few. 

Can I request that you make up something really good? The rumours we have had have been a bit rubbish..

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, BearSmog said:

Can I request that you make up something really good? The rumours we have had have been a bit rubbish..

@Lurker something south american with a ridiculous amount of vowels would be good

Our way of recruitment is so helta skelta I think we are basically chasing all the players that agents are throwing around the championship.  We need to uncover another Stuani or Kike

Think the Murphy link will depend on what his brother thought of NW. Stewart always looked a tidy player, when I've watched Liverpool's games, just not good enough for them. Same as Wilson is a cracking footballer but will never make the Liverpool first team.

4 hours ago, "KM" said:

Another defensive player. Are we going to go through another window where we don’t address our creativity fgs. 

I think we DO need a holding midfield player taking some pressure off the defence 

33 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I think we DO need a holding midfield player taking some pressure off the defence 

I agree, Saville, McNair and Howson are not holding midfielders. I'd take Stewart!

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)