oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Liverpool seem to be able to sell players for outrageous fees.

Bournemouth paid thrm approximately 40 mil for Dominic Solanke, Jordan Ibe and Brad Smith 🤕🤮 

As @Adamjr9 said, he didn't pull up many trees. But I think there's a very capable defender in there who just needs a more experienced and leading head to help get the best of him. There's a lot of potential for Dunkley, but as a second CB as opposed to a leader of the line. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Tom said:

I think this close season, in addition to being short, is also going to see very little movement. Getting Johnson in for another year probably makes sense with a squad as thin as ours.
I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about Johnson, I don't think he's good enough to be starting for us, really, but he's a decent enough option from the bench, and his delivery is far better than he gets credit for. And of course, him sticking out the last season when others didn't is a credit to him as well.

I don't think people are really aware of quite how badly this pandemic has affected finances in football, especially for clubs that are reigning in the big spending anyway, like Boro. People who think we are going to sign a whole starting lineup this summer may have to  adjust their expectations.

I saw improvement over the last few games that in itself is hope for better things to come.

Players react to Managers and Warnock could be very good for Marvin.

I am fine with this information

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Barnaby said:

I think we DO need a holding midfield player taking some pressure off the defence 

I remember George Boateng the Midfield & Defence were rock solid when he played,He broke his big toe and was out for a couple of months we slipped from top quarter to bottom half 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

I remember George Boateng the Midfield & Defence were rock solid when he played,He broke his big toe and was out for a couple of months we slipped from top quarter to bottom half 

yes he was a beast george, you really saw a difference when he wasnt in the team. fantastic player. only reason he wasnt at a top club was his passing/technical ability wasnt the best. often gave simple balls away. i say often, not as bad as the current lot. but enough to stop him playing at arsenal, man utd, chelsea at the time who had the likes of kean, viera, and makelele. even liverpool at the time had alonso and gerrard in the middle. thinking back there was miles better defensive midfielders playing back then. they are all show ponies now in comparison. 

• Like 4
Just now, Jamie-H said:

Only news so far today in the press is the Echo saying Brentford and Norwich also want Jacob Murphy on loan so in other words half the Championship want him.

One of the most exciting attacking teams in the league and his hometown club. That's no match for the mighty pull of Boro and Warnock

With a history in the regional divisions, Amora Futebol Clube will be purchased, for 350 thousand euros, by an American company. Mozambican investor, Zuneid Sidat leaves the scene. "SAD will be purchased by the American America Soccer, a company of American investors who are currently investing in Middlesbrough (England) and Benevento (Italy)", according to Mauro Almeida, the new general director of SAD Amorense, who should be led by Daniel Golpe, former administrator of SAD do Praiense.

The company "chose" to invest in a club in Portugal because it is "one of the countries that best trains athletes and provides excellent conditions for their development". The objective "is to try to change the management paradigm of professional football in the Portuguese championship, with the future administration already working on planning the new sports season".

With 99 years of history, the club that was born on a picnic on May 1, 1921, at Quinta da Princesa, wants "finally" to have a national dimension. And in the next season alone, the investment in football will be half a million euros.

In October, the construction of a new enclosure is scheduled to begin. The Medideira Stadium will be municipal, but given by the Seixal City Council to the club for some years. The models are ready and the projects are in progress. The academy is also already planned and should be completed in three years. Time to get to professional championships and revolutionize Seixal Bay.

Edited by estonpidge
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)