oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Cmon bring Chris Gunter in already Warnock, hes a good solid right back at this level on a free transfer, even if you kept him as a no 2 at right back and played Spence because he can also play Lb so would be good replacement for Friend as well. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, liambell42 said:

He was the calmest player on the ball I've seen in years in a boro shirt and recycled possession well

He was probably calm because he couldn't be arsed.

Bar the opening 2-3 games he was so lazy.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, liambell42 said:

He was the calmest player on the ball I've seen in years in a boro shirt and recycled possession well

Yeh i thaught he was class. Just made everything look easy. Looked for a forward pass aswell. Apart feom a good debut? His performance against leeds was superb 

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, thomas said:

Cmon bring Chris Gunter in already Warnock, hes a good solid right back at this level on a free transfer, even if you kept him as a no 2 at right back and played Spence because he can also play Lb so would be good replacement for Friend as well. 

We already have Dijksteel though. Spend the money elsewhere where it’s really needed. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Silvio_Dante said:

George Friend has undergone a medical and agreed personal terms over a move to Birmingham, per @footyinsider247.

📸: Getty https://t.co/3BKklvbakH

Always thought he would just be a squad player next year for us but I’m pretty gutted about this. It’s a big loss. You always knew he loved the Boro and would give his absolute best - the last 9 matches proved that and signing the extension. Who else currently do you think has the same affinity to the club? Just the young local lads I would guess. 

• Like 3

Preston have supposedly been quoted £500k for Macauley Bonne from Charlton. I'd be all over that...

11 goals in a poor Charlton side is not to be scoffed at. Can play as a CF or a 10 - canny little player. 

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Yeh i thaught he was class. Just made everything look easy. Looked for a forward pass aswell. Apart feom a good debut? His performance against leeds was superb 

You boys sound like my late Father in the 70's He used to moan all game About Graeme Souness hovering around the defence and doing nowt...I pointed out he was spraying pinpoint passes to our forwards...His reply "that was luck"

• Haha 2
38 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Which was his second game, and home debut.

I messaged my brother after the Leeds match saying we'd made a great signing and how good he looked.

But he swiftly declined after that, he was a big part of that 6 game losing run.

Maybe he was better away from home, I only went to the Rotherham match last season, so I can't fully comment on those matches, but he was poor at home and coasted on past reputation and a promising introduction.

4 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I thought Mikel was leagues ahead of what we had at the club but why we’re discussing this in the 2020 summer transfer thread I don’t know.

He’s apparently signing for Stoke anyway. 

95DDECD3-AEB6-4ADB-98EF-35C661740782.jpeg

2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I thought Mikel was leagues ahead of what we had at the club but why we’re discussing this in the 2020 summer transfer thread I don’t know.

Probably because there are no transfers to discuss. Not even any rumours it seems.

I'm surprised there's been no more on Pears - either on signing extension or leaving. 

I'm think the efforts at the moment are on left back, centre back, defensive midfield and a striker. 

Our squad looks very thin with training starting on Monday. I bet the club thought they would have more in by now.

It's a crazy window.

Stoke doing very well to get players through the door this summer. 4 decent signings all done quickly. I don’t believe that we’re not trying our absolute best to get signings done but it’s starting to become a worry when our rivals are managing what we can’t. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)