oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Hypothetically...What if we replaced the bodies missing with bodies from Our Academy,is it so far fetched,After all that's what it was created for...When did we sign Rumarn Burrell we haven't seen him play Some one on here has and said he was more of a winger than striker...And if we haven't a lot of cash with no gate receipts money could be tight this year....we may be limited to say 5000 first off....lets get off the bandwagon of 5-6 players in it ain't going to happen...Well that's my take on the situation we're in...feel free to give me dogs abuse, I can take it, I'm a grown up

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Really CT giving a response for the first time well blow me down, makes the thousands he has received well worth it, well done BD you are truely blessed🙃

Maybe we should start to consider that this season for Warnock could be similar to Rioch's first season that all he has is what he has due to what others are indicating, especially Raf.

If so I can live with it as long as we are not busting a gut for Gibson to the detrement of other players.

This season could be simply be down to the skills of Neil Warnock first. Boro are not an attractive team nor the place to be seen to be for players. Warnock has to make Boro an appealing place to be when other destinations are being considered.

Thos teams relegated have so many more advantages than we do to get near them will take the combined efforts of Warnock and HIS band of merry men

I keep thinking we are in a Mowbray type situation and hopefully Warnock can do what he did. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Barnaby said:

Hypothetically...What if we replaced the bodies missing with bodies from Our Academy,is it so far fetched,After all that's what it was created for...When did we sign Rumarn Burrell we haven't seen him play Some one on here has and said he was more of a winger than striker...And if we haven't a lot of cash with no gate receipts money could be tight this year....we may be limited to say 5000 first off....lets get off the bandwagon of 5-6 players in it ain't going to happen...Well that's my take on the situation we're in...feel free to give me dogs abuse, I can take it, I'm a grown up

I reckon an academy should at best produce 2-3 players each year for the first team. You can't just suddenly promoted 6 young players with no first team action and expect to compete. If we did that I think we could easily have just as hard a season as the one we just had. And it won't help their development if they aren't ready, but I suppose the coaching team will be able to say so.

9 hours ago, Lord_Moose said:

Just another exciting few days in the life of a Boro fan! I wonder what number target we are onto now? Maybe Warnocks deadline approach has backfired? 

As for those who want to leave I don't think there's anyone in the squad who is irreplaceable, especially after last season, so I'm not fussed on seeing them leave, they are all under contract so we'd get something for them at the very least.

Maybe we're not looking YET...Maybe we are

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I reckon an academy should at best produce 2-3 players each year for the first team. You can't just suddenly promoted 6 young players with no first team action and expect to compete. If we did that I think we could easily have just as hard a season as the one we just had. And it won't help their development if they aren't ready, but I suppose the coaching team will be able to say so.

Exactly my point,at some point these lads will have to step up,But at least they would play with Heart...I reckon we would win more than we lose

10 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

My gut feeling is that we'd probably get relegated unless the academy players are absolutely exceptional. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Exactly my point,at some point these lads will have to step up,But at least they would play with Heart...I reckon we would win more than we lose

I thought your point was to fill the first team with academy players? My point is I don't think we have enough ready academy players to do that. Unless you're willing to take another relegation risk.

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

My gut feeling is that we'd probably get relegated unless the academy players are absolutely exceptional. 

I just can't see us bringing in loads of players...that being the case we might be looking "In House"

Just now, Borodane said:

I thought your point was to fill the first team with academy players? My point is I don't think we have enough ready academy players to do that. Unless you're willing to take another relegation risk.

Sorry I meant fill any gaps in the first team 

Wood, Cousin, and Spence made it through last year, to differing levels. 

I'd say we're likely to see Stubbs play a part, if he doesn't go out on another loan. One of Liddle, Malley, or Hackney could be the cover option in the midfield roles. Stephen Walker for the LF/CF cover.

If we're looking at 2-3 academy lads coming into the first team, I'd say those are your most likely candidates, but there still needs to be additions.

Say we lose McNair, Wing, and Pears, as rumoured. That leaves us with Howson, Saville, and Tavernier as 3 solid options in midfield, but then only the 3 young lads mentioned above as cover. If we play 2 up top, that's Fletcher and Assombalonga, with only the likes of Walker and Burrell as back up. At Centre Half you have only Hall and Fry before getting to Wood and Stubbs, and Mejias or Brynn as your 2nd choice keeper.

I wouldn't mind - in fact, would quite like - the academy kids being the 4th choice for positions like CB, CM, CF, etc, but not straight in as main cover.

• Like 1

I know he's not exactly a Warnock striker but IF we sold Britt I'd love us to try and get Josh Maja back to the Championship. He only started 5 games last season and averaged 35 minutes pr. game so he is hardly first choice. Given that they signed him relatively cheap it might be possible. Was class for Sunderland in the championship. Just a hypothetical thought.

• Like 2

Surely it would make sense to sign more versatile players, in these straitened times we need players to adapt. 

We need to find a left back who’s also handy with a paint brush, a reserve goalie who can serve drinks and pies at half time. Maybe a striker who knows a bit about plumbing and is happy to sort out the showers, a midfield dynamo that has a HGV licence and is happy to take deliveries to the club shop and possibly drive the bus.

Maybe a winger with horticultural skills who would be happy to keep the playing surface in order. This has got to be the way forward and maybe that’s what’s slowing our recruitment down.

We are currently devoting a lot of time searching for a defensive midfielder who can also knock up a set of shelves, Warnock is insisting that he uses dovetail joints, Gibbo is happy with metal corner pieces, they are never going to agree. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
29 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

The sad thing is at the moment we have a weaker team now than the team that nearly got relegated last season. Things need to improve fast. 

Woodgate's not in charge, so we're already stronger.

• Like 3
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)