oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

6 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

It would be awful. Not one creative player in the window? Who would we play on the wing? Tav, Johnson and Coulson? None of them are wingers bar Johnson. 
Personally think we need two more wingers more then a striker and holding midfielder. 

I would like to see a creative player as well, but who is available and who would actually come? 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TheHolgate said:

I would like to see a creative player as well, but who is available and who would actually come? 

Thats not our job to decide though, we have people at the club we pay to figure that out, so us sitting and saying we don't know who's available and who would come is no excuse for our professional team to not manage to get the players we need in.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Not sure. Haven’t looked properly tbh. But that’s not our job, that’s down to the club and the recruitment team, to first spot a player and then secondly get it over the line. 
Personally I’d love to have Roberts back for the season. I’m sure there might be some other creative players that we might be able to loan aswell. 

13 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Not sure. Haven’t looked properly tbh. But that’s not our job, that’s down to the club and the recruitment team, to first spot a player and then secondly get it over the line. 
Personally I’d love to have Roberts back for the season. I’m sure there might be some other creative players that we might be able to loan aswell. 

Anyone with anything about like Roberts will have other suitors.

If there is competition then they arent going to join Boro. Simple as that

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
24 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I'm sure they are looking but the reality is we potentially haven't got the money to get who we want. Any scouting department can come up with good players, they need to come up with players who are affordable and realistic.

I think they may struggle to come up with creative, pacey wingers who will sign for Boro in the championship on ~15k a week. Sounds like we went for Murphy and missed out(?)

55 minutes ago, Will said:

Yep. There’s two types of clubs he’s joins, middling size clubs like us and Cardiff and turns them around and sets sights at promotion, or clubs like Rotherham where he literally went to keep them up and that was it. There’s no way he signs here without guarantees of investment and significant recruitment.

I think we are more of a Rotherham these days. I can’t see us getting anywhere near the top of the league. 

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

If I understand it all correctly, and I probably don't, despite his injury in January he was trying to arrange a move from Boro in that transfer window to a foreign club somewhere on a free.  We obviously said no.  He never played for us again.  I assumed that was why we took action against him for breach of contract.

so with 6 month left of a contract any foreign club is free to offer him a contract themselves. Then ayala can accepted one? which he clearly never as did as still here. How can he refuse to play while under contract wft he playing at there like? and if the club wanting him then isnt signing him now, then he looks like a bit of a plonker missing our relegation fight after several years of loyal service. maybe big danny thought woody was *** to eh lol

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

If I understand it all correctly, and I probably don't, despite his injury in January he was trying to arrange a move from Boro in that transfer window to a foreign club somewhere on a free.  We obviously said no.  He never played for us again.  I assumed that was why we took action against him for breach of contract.

so with 6 month left of a contract any foreign club is free to offer him a contract themselves. Then ayala can accepted one? which he clearly never as did as still here. How can he refuse to play while under contract wft he playing at there like? and if the club wanting him then isnt signing him now, then he looks like a bit of a plonker missing our relegation fight after several years of loyal service. maybe big danny thought woody was *** to eh lol

That's if that version of it is correct, which it really might not be.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

Anyone with anything about like Roberts will have other suitors.

If there is competition then they arent going to join Boro. Simple as that

You're not subtle enough, not that I encourage this kind of thing of course, because I'm a nice person now.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Keep it positive scotty

Players join clubs for a number of reasons but the main two are;

Money - we are as skint.

Ambition - we are as far away from a promotion battle a we have been.

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You're not subtle enough, not that I encourage this kind of thing of course, because I'm a nice person now.

What am I saying thats wrong? Boro are a tough sell at the moment.

If there was a player torn between a number of clubs how would you convince them to join over a Stoke, Hudds or Birmingham? Nevermind playoff clubs

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)