oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Even diggerlad got this one wrong  

“Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).”

Deals fall through all the time. 

There’s a big difference between saying a fee is nearly agreed and the deal is done surely?

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

We've got money to spend, we've got a decent amount in terms of wages to play with. 

Bausor is useless, he joined in 2007 and look what he's overseen. The only time we were decent is when Kenyon came in and oversaw the appointment of Karanka and change of approach. I've had a few dealings with him in the past and I can confirm that the man has been a joke when negotiating. Essentially, Boro lost out completely unnecassirly due to stubborness

Recruitment- We all know Gill is useless. But, the analysts we've previously appointed are rubbish. Pay peanuts, get monkeys. 

The snippet from Gibson not wanting a DOF as it adds another 6 figure salary highlights exactly where the club is going wrong. We are not and do not invest properly in our backroom staff. 

Thankfully it is changing and we now have a good recruitment analyst. 

Ah but do they now regret letting Victor Orta go?😄

4 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Thanks @Lurker really appreciate that info. 
Warnock aside, is there a willingness to shake up Bauser and Gill from their positions from within the club or higher up places? Or is the general consensus that they’re doing a “good job under the circumstances” 

Gill's been moved along and is getting pushed out. I can't see him staying much longer. 

Bausor must have something on Gibson because I have no idea how he's in a job. Warnock told him what he expects so will see what happends this season. 

• Haha 1
Just now, Lurker said:

Gill's been moved along and is getting pushed out. I can't see him staying much longer. 

Bausor must have something on Gibson because I have no idea how he's in a job. Warnock told him what he expects so will see what happends this season. 

Do you think Warnock will try and get Bausor out too?

17 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Just going to leave these here...

Sorry guys but with the volume of people claiming to be ITK recently, I thought it would be best to do a bit of filtering! 

I do so apologise for not being able to add fuel to the fire, unless I made things up!

I really need for my lad to meet up with Steve Gibson again in London so he can hear from the horses mouth.

For those who remember the last time he did it certainly proved well worthwhile both interms of arrivals and departures😄

Until then I have to rely on speculation so thanks guys one and all even if it goes nowhere.

There are a couple of players out there that we are not aware of MFC interest in (you heard it here first)

God I will say anything to get my 1100th like!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

To be fair that's different to "deal all but done" and "williams is a done deal". 

The Williams fee was nearly agreed.

Oh sure, the post was just to illustrate that deals can fall through, it wasn’t a slight on Diggerlad at all. 

Remember when we thought we had signed Forlan?

Tbf to @diggerlad07. He never said the deal was done. Simply a fee had been agreed.

However, there was another poster who did say both Williams and Gibson are done. Cant recall his username. Poster who said he went to school with Ben Gibson. No criticism of that poster either but not sure if people are getting his info re Williams and what @diggerlad07 mixed up.

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Tbf to @diggerlad07. He never said the deal was done. Simply a fee had been agreed.

However, there was another poster who did say both Williams and Gibson are done. Cant recall his username. Poster who said he went to school with Ben Gibson. No criticism of that poster either but not sure if people are getting his info re Williams and what @diggerlad07 mixed up.

Does it really matter at this stage of proceedings all good stuff and all that.

We could be close to signing A Trialist soon

• Like 1

Do you think there is a possibility of Warnock stepping down or even coming out and blasting them publicly if he doesn’t get what he wants? 

He doesn’t seem the type to settle for second best. 

6 minutes ago, CWC said:

Do you think there is a possibility of Warnock stepping down or even coming out and blasting them publicly if he doesn’t get what he wants? 

He doesn’t seem the type to settle for second best. 

Nope would not think so the reason being is that he sees the Boro as his swansong last chance to show everyone that he knows what to do despite being the oldest manager in the world! His last hurrah!

Could you imagine what could happen if we got near to the top of the division

Or simply he does not get on well with his Misses and can not abide the thought of a normal marriage!

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)