oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

8 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Has he even signed yet 😉

Chris I really do fear that everything seems to be revolving around Ben Gibson.

I want this aspect to be over pdq, honestly if he was coming here you would have thought it would be done and dusted.

Far too much financial implecations involved and far too many areas we need sorting out

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

27 league games in a 46 game season means he missed 40% of their league games.

The season before, also 27 in 46.

The season before that, he only managed 17. 

He doesn't appear to be a player that you're going to get a full season out of, ever.

Like Grant Hall

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

27 league games in a 46 game season means he missed 40% of their league games.

The season before, also 27 in 46.

The season before that, he only managed 17. 

He doesn't appear to be a player that you're going to get a full season out of, ever.

Sounds like a fantastic replacement for Ayala, let's give him a 4 year deal and 25k a week and he could also be a replacement for Gestede, 2 replacements for the price of 1! 😁

40 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I love that DZ has thrown shade at someone then allowed for his brother to be wrong over the same player. Top bantz.

But then takes it very personal when his brother gets questioned. 

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

But then takes it very personal when his brother gets questioned. 

Sigh!.......................oh good point perhaps the witch hunt could be renamed warlock hunt!

Only kidding it would be great to see the little digs (get it) finally over until the next one comes along

7 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Like Grant Hall

I think the difference is that Grant Hall missed games due to one BIG injury, where as far as I can tell, Stewart has a new injury every year (could be wrong there as I can't find any definitive sources).

In the two seasons sandwiching his injury he played 34 and 30 - and had he not sat out post restart he could have had up to 39.

But yes, Grant Hall also missed a lot of games.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Does it really matter at this stage of proceedings all good stuff and all that.

We could be close to signing A Trialist soon

I was not criticising anyone. It seemed a few were claiming @diggerlad07 maybe have said something he did not so was merely defending another poster from POSSIBLE unfair criticism.

Agree all info is welcome. No criticism from me of anyone who provides info with an honest belief.

We'll probably enquire about 50 different players this summer with the majority not happening. That doesn't mean to say people are posting false rumours, sometimes deals just don't go through. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I was not criticising anyone. It seemed a few were claiming @diggerlad07 maybe have said something he did not so was merely defending another poster from POSSIBLE unfair criticism.

Agree all info is welcome. No criticism from me of anyone who provides info with an honest belief.

I know you weren't but for most of us which includes myself are probably fed up to the back teeth with it all now  and simply want to see some decent posts and comments  hopefully with substance.

I mean how long can you flog a dead horse hoping for some reaction?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Chris I really do fear that everything seems to be revolving around Ben Gibson.

I want this aspect to be over pdq, honestly if he was coming here you would have thought it would be done and dusted.

Far too much financial implecations involved and far too many areas we need sorting out

I couldn't agree more regarding Gibson deal. It's a extremely risky move by us holding out for a loan deal.

If/when Burnley get a perm offer then he will go elsewhere and we will back to square one.

As much as Gibbo wants to come back and has said he will take a pay cut, he can't wait around forever as well after 2 years of not playing.

The hold up in the deal apparently is Fry refusing to move for a 3rd consecutive transfer window, so we can only afford a loan deal with the £4million we are owed - let's hope something changes on that front rather quickly.

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

We'll probably enquire about 50 different players this summer with the majority not happening. That doesn't mean to say people are posting false rumours, sometimes deals just don't go through. 

Spot on and not there fault if it does not pan out

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I couldn't agree more regarding Gibson deal. It's a extremely risky move by us holding out for a loan deal.

If/when Burnley get a perm offer then he will go elsewhere and we will back to square one.

As much as Gibbo wants to come back and has said he will take a pay cut, he can't wait around forever as well after 2 years of not playing.

The hold up in the deal apparently is Fry refusing to move for a 3rd consecutive transfer window, so we can only afford a loan deal with the £4million we are owed - let's hope something changes on that front rather quickly.

I wonder which of our young talents we'll flog to them in 2 years time when we want to bring Fry back.

• Haha 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)