oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Costa was a loan with an obligation to buy, bamford cost them up to £9m if they got promoted.

So? It was still £15m then as they've made it permanent.

It was up to £10m for Bamford and they were promoted.

I believe they also had an obligation to buy Augustin for £18m, but they're trying to back out.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

It all feels very depressing doesn’t it? But then I look at our first teamers that have left - Ayala, Shotton, Clayton, Gestede and Friend and only Friend has a new club. It’s not like we have lost brilliant players that other clubs are desperate to sign. We do have an opportunity to get better in and clearly we think we can.  It’s disappointing to see potential signings go elsewhere but it’s important we don’t get desperate and just buy for the sake of it - a la the January PL window. 
The behind the scenes stuff worries me though, sounds like we don’t have the right structures up at the top. I hope Warnock recommends a DoF as that’s the only way I think Gibson would consider it. We have a fair few players entering the final year of their contracts don’t we? Really important we start planning long term. 

Should boro just wait till the season starts now?

We clearly cant compete with 90% of the league so why try?

Wait till the season starts when most teams will have their squads ready and we can pick up whats left largely unchallenged.

• Haha 1
Just now, scottpilgrim said:

Should boro just wait till the season starts now?

We clearly cant compete with 90% of the league so why try?

Wait till the season starts when most teams will have their squads ready and we can pick up whats left largely unchallenged.

The solutions the same every window but we refuse to learn 

Look abroad. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Look abroad. 

No you can’t do that! The ONLY way to get out of this league is seasoned championship pros!!

Just now, LinoJo3 said:

No you can’t do that! The ONLY way to get out of this league is seasoned championship pros!!

Agreed actually, here's silly me thinking foreign manager with knowledge of a few european leagues and connections to agents is the easiest way to get promoted 😄 

• Like 1

Teams with the most foreign players

Brentford - 20 (3rd)

Cardiff - 20 (5th)

Fulham - 18 (4th Promoted)

Leeds - 18 (1st Promoted)

Swansea - 18 (6th)

Stoke - 18 (15th) 

Teams with the fewest foreign players 

Boro - 6 (17th)

Charlton - 6 (22nd Relegated)

Luton - 7 (19th)

Huddersfield - 8 (18th)

Hull - 9 (24th Relegated)

Birmingham - 9 (20th)

🤯 When we going to stop this turbo-ignorant 'British is Best' policy for both players and staff at the club then because it's getting really really boring 

• Like 9
  • Wow 2
12 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Look abroad. 

Abel Xavier, Afonso Alves, Barragan, Damia, De Laet, De Pena, De Sart, Debeve, Digard, Emnes, Haas, Kamara, Kike Sola, Dong Gook-Lee, Lombardi, Martin, Okon, Reiziger, Shawky, Tavares, Tiendalli, Veljkovic, Zemmama, Zuculini....for every Ravenelli, Juninho, Zenden and Festa, we have just as many misfires...there are definitely bargains out there but there just as many, if not more, clunkers  

1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

Abel Xavier, Afonso Alves, Barragan, Damia, De Laet, De Pena, De Sart, Debeve, Digard, Emnes, Haas, Kamara, Kike Sola, Dong Gook-Lee, Lombardi, Martin, Okon, Reiziger, Shawky, Tavares, Tiendalli, Veljkovic, Zemmama, Zuculini....for every Ravenelli, Juninho, Zenden and Festa, we have just as many misfires...there are definitely bargains out there but there just as many, if not more, clunkers  

Every signing has risk but I reckon every flop you mentioned there that we signed whilst in the Championship added together cost less than Saville 

If a player signed from abroad flops you can always sell them back to a team from the league they came from really, if an English player flops in England then...

Looking at Christian Maghoma a 22 yo CB who’s currently a free agent.. also Gibson made many people redundant Rockcliffe Hall about 2 months ago bet he’s kicking himself when Alastair and Michael Powell offered to buy the club last year and give Gibson all the money he pumped into the club back, his reply was I will only sell 49 percent because I will always be the majority shareholder !

3 minutes ago, BoroLad2020 said:

Looking at Christian Maghoma a 22 yo CB who’s currently a free agent.. also Gibson made many people redundant Rockcliffe Hall about 2 months ago bet he’s kicking himself when Alastair and Michael Powell offered to buy the club last year and give Gibson all the money he pumped into the club back, his reply was I will only sell 49 percent because I will always be the majority shareholder !

Where did you get your info on the Powell’s offering to buy the club?

Possibly LBP...but all I am saying is we do look abroad, but just not to the extent that others do and when we find a cheap overseas player it rarely seems to work out....and if an English player flops in England, there is always Scotland, USA, India and of course, Scandinavia

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)