oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

Ive heard that the club want McNair out.  And i have no info on this but you would have thought the two clubs boro were banking on were stoke and Celtic. Cant see stoke coming in after their business so far or Celtic stumping up the cash we would have expected.

The problem with Mcnair is that his game is probably better suited to playing at the back, but he wants to be a midfielder.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Do you know a name, is it someone new or someone that's been mentioned on here already?

Smart money would be on Kevin Stewart. But I'm guessing some random lower league player that's no better than what we already have but will be cheap.

Stewart or Whiteman in to replace McNair and I'd be happy. Howson is currently our only viable DM option - with Liddle/Dijksteel as cover - but one of those two would also afford us the opportunity to have Howson play more advanced in the CM role.

A free agent in who balances out midfield options. A replaceable player leaving for a decent free. Money to strengthen elsewhere. Jobs a good one.

Not that there's really been any indication that we were actually in for him for a while now, but somebody I know was speaking to Jordan Jones' family member and they said that Middlesbrough are steering clear of him.

He said they're hoping he can get a move to Stoke or another club I've forgotten 

24 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Maybe it's a bit tin-foily but the fact Fry hasn't appeared in a single piece of media since pre season started makes me think we're trying to get him out the door. Even if he was injured I'd have expected like a photo of him on a treatment table or something.

I thought to begin with there was nothing in it but this definitely is feeling like there is. And surely, if you're Neil Warnock, you want the player there if you think he's gonna be there. The fact he's not there doesn't give me confidence that Warnock wants him there. All stretching the imagination a little bit but if Warnock is fully supportive of pushing Fry out then he can *** right off.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CWC said:

Kevin Stewart might be the most uninspiring signing we could have made but at least it’s something. 

The only glimmer of hope I have is that we can the sell someone like McNair to have more money to spend on pace and creativity. But that's a massive longshot I know.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I thought to begin with there was nothing in it but this definitely is feeling like there is. And surely, if you're Neil Warnock, you want the player there if you think he's gonna be there. The fact he's not there doesn't give me confidence that Warnock wants him there. All stretching the imagination a little bit but if Warnock is fully supportive of pushing Fry out then he can *** right off.

I dont think it’ll be Warnock wanting him out the door.  But I do believe Warnock wants someone else in at CB ahead of Fry.  

Total guess but could that be why club are trying to force Fry out because he isn’t Warnock first choice and they dont want one of our more expensive assets on the bench.

5 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I dont think it’ll be Warnock wanting him out the door.  But I do believe Warnock wants someone else in at CB ahead of Fry.  

Total guess but could that be why club are trying to force Fry out because he isn’t Warnock first choice and they dont want one of our more expensive assets on the bench.

FWIW I'd heard a while ago that Warnock wasn't the biggest fan of Fry, so if this turns out to be the case I wouldn't be surprised at all.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

FWIW I'd heard a while ago that Warnock wasn't the biggest fan of Fry, so if this turns out to be the case I wouldn't be surprised at all.

I think Warnock wants a centre back who’s much closer to being the finished article. Whether that’s a good or bad thing - only time will tell....

1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

I think Warnock wants a centre back who’s much closer to being the finished article. Whether that’s a good or bad thing - only time will tell....

We also have Nathan Wood who is supposed to be highly rated, I don't know much about Stubbs though. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)