oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

FWIW I'd heard a while ago that Warnock wasn't the biggest fan of Fry, so if this turns out to be the case I wouldn't be surprised at all.

That wouldn't surprising on the basis of last season, he was a liability for most of it, and only so much of it can be blamed on playing on the left.

But he's still very young.

• Like 3
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

FWIW I'd heard a while ago that Warnock wasn't the biggest fan of Fry, so if this turns out to be the case I wouldn't be surprised at all.

It was noticeable at the end of last season how slow Fry is. We could do with someone more mobile there. 

It will now be Wheater, Gibson and Fry that have gone to make up for cock ups elsewhere. A real shame as they all seem to have wanted to stay.

• Like 1

I absolutely am not advocating forcing a player out.  It feels even worse when he’s a local lad.

But.... Is it financially astute to keep one of our more valuable players on the bench all season?  If Fry leaving enabled us to get 2 players in would that be such a bad thing?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I absolutely am not advocating forcing a player out.  It feels even worse when he’s a local lad.

But.... Is it financially astute to keep one of our more valuable players on the bench all season?  If Fry leaving enabled us to  get 2 players in would that be such a bad thing?

But will it? It sounds to me more like it will allow us to get Gibson and that's about it. I can't imagine Fry will be on massive wages so it's not like in that respect we'll be desperate to get him off the books, unlike Gibson who was probably on Prem wages when we sold him.

10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

But will it? It sounds to me more like it will allow us to get Gibson and that's about it. I can't imagine Fry will be on massive wages so it's not like in that respect we'll be desperate to get him off the books, unlike Gibson who was probably on Prem wages when we sold him.

Am I right in thinking Fry signed a five year deal back when there was a few more prem teams sniffing around him? Probably on decent terms too. 

*edit found the link, he signed a 5 year deal in 2018 under Tony Pulis. 

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/dael-fry-signs-new-boro-contract

Edited by Johnmfc81

Wood and Stubbs are interesting as Wood seems to be very highly rated but wrapped in cotton wool.  Stubbs is not seen in the same league it seems but I don't know why.  Stubbs fought through a relegation season with Notts county and did very well apparently but rarely gets a mention as far as next season is concerned.

Solid is a good expression for him maybe rather than spectacular but I don't see either taking over form Van Dyke any time soon

I’m sure even if Fry didn’t start the season as first choice CB he would still get plenty of games. It’s a long slog of a season. Warnock was clear that our squad needs major work - barely any defenders, too many of the same type of MF and weak up front. 
Replacing Shotton, Friend, Ayala and Fry with Gibson and Hall? Does that strengthen us at the back? We’re one injury away from a crisis surely. I don’t know. I just don’t like the thought of forcing a local lad out to a team where he’ll be on the bench and who his replacement couldn’t get a game for 2 years. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Blackburn Rovers have made a move for AA Gent goalkeeper Thomas Kaminski. The two clubs are understood to have agreed a fee for the player.

That rules them out of going for Pears.

They still may go for Pears, they only have 1 "senior" Goalkeeper (and the senior keeper isn't that senior).

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

They still may go for Pears, they only have 1 "senior" Goalkeeper (and the senior keeper isn't that senior).

They enquired about Westwood as well accordingly to the press in Sheffield.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)