oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I was unaware of that. I’m not sure ifollow subscriptions will keep clubs going. 

Sorry I failed to mention they also waived their right to compensation from the clubs. So the usual TV money from sky will be there, plus the Ifollow subscriptions 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I was unaware of that. I’m not sure ifollow subscriptions will keep clubs going. 

Depends how many fans use it, it could certainly cover ticket prices if everyone who wanted to attend a match worldwide bought a match pass on the day.

I don't know if they'll continue with the season pass as the Sky deal seems to be on the basis of less than 50% allowed in the stadium, which could (doubtful but could) change during the season. But if and when that changes, it might balance itself out anyway as the club could get half its attendance inside and paying for other things as well as the tickets.

The big thing is how many people from around the world can make use of this as opposed to those just local when the match is on.

3 minutes ago, Will said:

Sorry I failed to mention they also waived their right to compensation from the clubs. So the usual TV money from sky will be there, plus the Ifollow subscriptions 

Let’s hope it’s enough. 

Anyway they are going ahead with next season regardless of what I think, I just hate football without fans, it’s so sterile. 
I also fear for the lower league clubs that don’t get featured on Sky, I know they get a small share, but again, I wonder if it’s enough. 

1 hour ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

What is your issue with Stewart? He's a decent championship player

He’s played 70 games in the last three season (anyone want to be correct me if am wrong?) I don’t see anything to get excited about he would be a back up player at best. If he and Sol Bamba are coming in to be first choice then we are in very big trouble and probably a sign of how bad things are off the pitch last time we made signings like this was under Tony Mowbray. 

14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't think anyone expects us to go down this season, but anything but mid-table anonymity is looking tough right now.

From the squad that started last season, we've lost Ayala (23 starts), Clayton (21 starts), Shotton (20 starts), Friend (14 starts), Randolph (14 starts) and Gestede (5 starts). 

We've replaced 2 of them, some of them weren't very good during the season but that's more than just a bit of depth we've lost and not replaced.

Ayala - Hall

Clayton - Liddle (*Upgrade*)

Shotton - Stubbs (*Upgrade*)

Friend - Bola (Loan Return)

Randolph - Stojanovic

Gestede - Walker (*Upgrade*)

I agree it's not ideal, but we have enough depth to get us through a handful of games and still bring players in before the window closes in 8 weeks. 

EDIT: I mean as in to upgrade not that Stubbs et al are the upgrades! 😅

Just now, Snowblind said:

Ayala - Hall

Clayton - Liddle (*Upgrade*)

Shotton - Stubbs (*Upgrade*)

Friend - Bola (Loan Return)

Randolph - Stojanovic

Gestede - Walker (*Upgrade*)

I agree it's not ideal, but we have enough depth to get us through a handful of games and still bring players in before the window closes in 8 weeks. 

Bola, Walker and Liddle were all here last season and played.

I do not think Walker is an upgrade on Gestede either, I don't expect him to cut it.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Bola, Walker and Liddle were all here last season and played.

I do not think Walker is an upgrade on Gestede either, I don't expect him to cut it.

Check my edit mate. Have clarified what I meant!

As I say, they need replacing, and we have 8 weeks to do that. But we do have cover in those positions and enough personnel to get by until we bring those players in.

Again, not ideal. But there's no need for the panic some are having either. 

5 minutes ago, "KM" said:

He’s played 70 games in the last three season (anyone want to be correct me if am wrong?) I don’t see anything to get excited about he would be a back up player at best. If he and Sol Bamba are coming in to be first choice then we are in very big trouble and probably a sign of how bad things are off the pitch last time we made signings like this was under Tony Mowbray. 

Why are we in big trouble if Stewart is coming in to start? He’s a good DM in this league. Stop *** your pants.

2 minutes ago, Will said:

Why are we in big trouble if Stewart is coming in to start? He’s a good DM in this league. Stop *** your pants.

Well by the sounds of it I won’t need to worry about him since he’s talking to another club. 😂

Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Like 14th-24th is our level as it stands I'm predicting 

Given Sheffield Wednesday are starting on -12 points, and Derby still might get a deduction, we'll have to have a really bad season to finish 24th.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Given Sheffield Wednesday are starting on -12 points, and Derby still might get a deduction, we'll have to have a really bad season to finish 24th.

Hall's knee to go in October 😉

15 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Derby are also under investigation with regards to their recent investment. I think it’s that the company who’s invested also invested in Sunderland last season and you’re not allowed to have stakes in 2 clubs. So there’ll be more to come for them after the initial one

25 minutes ago, "KM" said:

What do you expect?

Boro are a lower half Championship club with money issues. They arent going to be getting the cream of the crop.

The fact is we are short on numbers particularly in defense and bringing in an experienced cb who the manager trusts in a no brainer. And we will be lucky to get Stewart in.

God, when did our fans become spoilt brats

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)