oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

6 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

What do you expect?

Boro are a lower half Championship club with money issues. They arent going to be getting the cream of the crop.

The fact is we are short on numbers particularly in defense and bringing in an experienced cb who the manager trusts in a no brainer. And we will be lucky to get Stewart in.

God, when did our fans become spoilt brats

They became spoilt brats when we were in the premier league and they started shouting for Karanka’s head and booing Stuani when he came on. 

• Wow 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

They became spoilt brats when we were in the premier league and they started shouting for Karanka’s head and booing Stuani when he came on. 

I wasn't saying boo.. I was saying stoooo-ani

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I might have taken this the wrong way of course but do you think he should have stayed on?

Oh no it's infallible Boro time...

If you dont want a 36 year old CB who played less than 100 minutes in the league last season, is on high wages and would cost us a fee you're a spoilt brat! 

Like it or not people will criticise the decisions that have led to 4 years of consistent regression haha 

• Like 3

It would be nice to get a couple over the line, just to change the dynamic of the conversation from, 'We are the most unattractive club in the world' to ' Why are we signing him, he's garbage'. 

3 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

If you dont want a 36 year old CB who played less than 100 minutes in the league last season, is on high wages and would cost us a fee you're a spoilt brat! 

Like it or not people will criticise the decisions that have led to 4 years of consistent regression haha 

Given the choice between a 36 year old cb and no one I will choose the 36 year old CB.

We have two injury prone CBs atm and then its inexperienced kids who imo dont look ready.

Id rather play Bamba and Stubbs as a cb partnership than Woods and Stubbs or Howson and Stubbs

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Will said:

Why are we in big trouble if Stewart is coming in to start? He’s a good DM in this league. Stop *** your pants.

is he even coming (i hope he is by the way) but last i heard he has another offer

2 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

Given the choice between a 36 year old cb and no one I will choose the 36 year old CB.

We have two injury prone CBs atm and then its inexperienced kids who imo dont look ready.

Id rather play Bamba and Stubbs as a cb partnership than Woods and Stubbs or Howson and Stubbs

The point is the choice shouldn't be that in a million years after having a season to scout potential signings

That's why people are complaining 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

The difference is that those views are based on facts. Bamba is 35. He may/may not want big wages if he were to come here. I don't want Bamba. 

Trying to pass your views as 'footballing reasons' when you've barely seen a lad play football, on the other hand, is just embarrassing.

4 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

The difference is that those views are based on facts. Bamba is 35. He may/may not want big wages if he were to come here. I don't want Bamba. 

Trying to pass your views as 'footballing reasons' when you've barely seen a lad play football, on the other hand, is just embarrassing.

Okay sorry I'll quickly give him a watch mate

Wait there's only 99 minutes of footage

Oh it's okay I've found footage of half of his entire season

Wait he appears to have been at fault for the first 2 goals and then was subbed off at half time?

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

The point is the choice shouldn't be that in a million years after having a season to scout potential signings

That's why people are complaining 

Im not defending the club Bauser, Gill and co should be sacked simple as. 

But that doesnt change we are in the situation we are in and Bamba might be the best option for the club.

Also we might have scouted Stewart for years and we still have people turning their nose up at him because he isnt a name or doesnt have 5 star skill.moves on fifa

37 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

What do you expect?

Boro are a lower half Championship club with money issues. They arent going to be getting the cream of the crop.

The fact is we are short on numbers particularly in defense and bringing in an experienced cb who the manager trusts in a no brainer. And we will be lucky to get Stewart in.

God, when did our fans become spoilt brats

A lower half championship club? We finished in the top 6 in our first season back down, narrowly missed out on top 6  last season and Warnock proved last season that this group can still win games. If it wasn’t for Gibson *** up by appointing Woodgate maybe we wouldn’t be sat here deliberating over Kevin Stewart and Sol *** Bamba. 

• Like 3

The window for international registrations closes at 11pm on October 5, while there is an agreement between the Premier League and the EFL for an extended two-week domestic only window. I didn't know that.

This will shut at 5pm on October 16.

• Like 1

Personally think Bamba would be a shocking signing, there's absolutely no way we should be paying a fee for a 35 year old who's been injured or benched for the majority of the last season.

He wouldn't be starting and so would be rusty as hell when he actually does play.

Not that I really buy the rumour.

• Like 2

My worry is we don't make any more permanent signings and complete the squad with loans 

Howson, Fletcher, Assombalonga, Johnson, Mejias are all out of contract in 2021 and not sure what the situation is with Pears and Wood

It just makes the rebuild even bigger and who knows where we'll have finished in the league or who our manager will be for 2021/22

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)