oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

10 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Willians kokolo. Only signed this summer. Will be involved once season resumes

i see stuff like this and think. hang on. NW might have said we need 7 players, then after a month of two in is thinking we have a few young lads here that are pretty good and ready to be thrown in the mix. and i'm not talking about coulson, spence, pears and liddle either.

Thats who BORO are to me we promote from within and only buy in key positions. i dont want more johnsons and another seven squad fillers in positions that will prevent wood spence coulson and the other boys yet to get a chance from coming through.

• Like 3
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Our recruitment is so shockingly bad we've gone from 'we need a long term vision not a short term fix' to thinking Bamba is an acceptable signing in 4 short weeks 👀

I'll keep praying the rumour isn't true 

So we are just going to have no cover for CB then?

He would be the best of the 3 we would have despite being 35 going on 36.

2 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

hes an old head, NW loves him and if he was brought in. its wont be as a starter it will be more for leadership behind the scenes. its good to have strong character's in and about the squad, which we lack. particularly to assist the young lads day to day.

3 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

He's not match fit, he's spent a full season injured, he'd cost us a fee, is probably on 15k a week minimum and the max we'd get out of him is 1 year, the fact he's our main centre back link at the minute is unacceptable

6 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

i see stuff like this and think. hang on. NW might have said we need 7 players, then after a month of two in is thinking we have a few young lads here that are pretty good and ready to be thrown in the mix. and i'm not talking about coulson, spence, pears and liddle either.

Thats who BORO are to me we promote from within and only buy in key positions. i dont want more johnsons and another seven squad fillers in positions that will prevent wood spence coulson and the other boys yet to get a chance from coming through.

I do agree we should be about promoting youth but when you include youth players as part of your match day squad plans in the hope that they break through it'll just put unnecessary pressure on them and is more likely to set them back imo 

Having said that it did work for Spence and Coulson so here's hoping

Changing times nailed it in another post. We should be signing players who will improve our match day squad and predominantly starting 11.

We can utilise the youth to step up as and when required. 

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

He's not match fit, he's spent a full season injured, he'd cost us a fee, is probably on 15k a week minimum and the max we'd get out of him is 1 year, the fact he's our main centre back link at the minute is unacceptable

Ben Gibson has barely played for the past two seasons, yet people are clamouring for him to come back and seemingly think he will solve all our problems.  I don't think Bamba is the solution either, and I have concerns about age and fitness, but people can't complain about his lack of playing time and ignore Ben's lack of games since his injury.  Ben's behaviour towards Burnley has been very similar to Braithwaite's with us, yet people are idolising Ben and hated Braithwaite.  If Ben wasn't local, everyone would be horrified at the idea of signing someone with his recent record. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, White Band said:

Ben Gibson has barely played for the past two seasons, yet people are clamouring for him to come back and seemingly think he will solve all our problems.  I don't think Bamba is the solution either, and I have concerns about age and fitness, but people can't complain about his lack of playing time and ignore Ben's lack of games since his injury.  Ben's behaviour towards Burnley has been very similar to Braithwaite's with us, yet people are idolising Ben and hated Braithwaite.  If Ben wasn't local, everyone would be horrified at the idea of signing someone with his recent record. 

Ben Gibson is also only just entering his prime years and isn't coming off an ACL injury, they're not comparable situations.

34 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

hes an old head, NW loves him and if he was brought in. its wont be as a starter it will be more for leadership behind the scenes. its good to have strong character's in and about the squad, which we lack. particularly to assist the young lads day to day.

Plus he's an actual CB, much better than playing a LB who has lost his legs or one of our midfielders

That said we don't even know if the link is true, the reality is we are just jumping on every little snippet because we are so desperate for any news. We will be asking about and talking to multiple agents and players, the issue isn't who we are being linked with, it's not being able to do deals full stop

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Ben Gibson is also only just entering his prime years and isn't coming off an ACL injury, they're not comparable situations.

I agree that they are not fully comparable situations, but both potential signings have significant flaws.   On paper Ben should be coming into his prime, but I suspect his best years may be behind him.  I would love to be proved wrong, but I think Ben's career is probably going the same way as Wheater's did - seen as being the likely next big England defender by our fans while he was here, but failed to impress when he moved on and ultimately fell down into lower divisions.  

6 minutes ago, sambaDTR said:

Getting back to transfers, I reckon we should get Tony Mowbray back as Manager! 🤒

Him or Karanka would be my DoF if I ever bought the club.

• Like 1

i have had word that we are showing interest in 2 midfielders that have recent championship experience, this word comes from a couple of scouts.the two players are kieran lee from sef wed and kevin macdonald from fulham,who i believe we have been linked with previously.LEE big pffff rom me macdonald could do a job.

SHOCK HORROR TIME

also the same source mentioned that the undisputable king of defensive cock ups, phil jones will be playing chamonship football this season .his guess blackburn...managed by Moga, lino. i refuse to put two and two together given our need for defenders IN THIS CASE. hows that for vitriolic debate material.

Edited by Essuuaitch
left lots of Fs out .
  • Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)