oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

8 hours ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

As in Guy of Gisbon? Trust us to try and sign a fictional character... 

Need a pun about Robin a living.....

You mean Robin Knocks Johnson ?

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I have said it once and I will say it again, too much emphasis is going into getting Gibson back to the club and whatever monies available for new incomings (or most of it) will be tied up in securing the attempt.

We are probably offering derisory payment terms in the eyes of players and if so word will get around and that will put off others from even wanting to talk to Boro.

I am so sick of waiting on Gibson because it is causing issues at this time and it is clear to see as long as your thoughts are similar to mine on the subject

In my opinion we need to strengthen our midfield with either "flair"type players and a decent winger more than securiing BG we can look at other defenders who will not be as costly as the BG saga

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I have said it once and I will say it again, too much emphasis is going into getting Gibson back to the club and whatever monies available for new incomings (or most of it) will be tied up in securing the attempt.

We are probably offering derisory payment terms in the eyes of players and if so word will get around and that will put off others from even wanting to talk to Boro.

I am so sick of waiting on Gibson because it is causing issues at this time and it is clear to see as long as your thoughts are similar to mine on the subject

People asking about problems between Mowbray and Gibson, I don't think they fell out but I think Mowbray felt hard done by at the club. 

He almost turned the job down at the beginning because he knew he'd be working with one arm behind his back. From what I was told Mowbray and his team felt like they were starting to slowly turn the club around and felt like a few more signings would have been enough to push us on. 

I remember being told that they'd been working on identifying players to come in one season and were told no money was available. Not long after that Mowbray was told that we were signing Woodgate. 

I'm not saying Mowbray was the perfect manager but I don't think he was ever given a chance to succeed here either. 

I wonder whether a similar thing could be happening now with Ben Gibson, he's not crocked like Woodgate but are we focused on bringing back a local lad because Gibson thinks it'll be popular with the fans and mask other deficiencies at the club? 

Edited by Duvel
8 hours ago, TheJew said:

Warnock isn't happy. According to my source he is "miffed" at the amount of transfers the club have missed out on. He gave them a list of names at the end of the season and none have come to fruition except Grant Hall who he personally spoke to.

Sanogo was supposedly done, but is now talking to other clubs.

Dykes was high on the list.

Stewart they expected to be done almost a week ago, now doesnt look likely. 

This is a Mowbray mk2 in Warnock where the club is unwilling to negotiate on very basic items. Only problem is, Mowbray had a big scouting network already which he brought into the club. Warnock has inherited a Pulis network which never really grew under Woodgate.

Karanka was the one that ran with Mowbrays and expanded it. Pulis stripped it down to the bones after Monk had splashed the cash.

This won't end well with Warnock. 

Man this sucks if this is true. It does feel like something is amiss. We're not even targeting players with high value these are free agents and lower fee players. We still can't get the deals over the line. I hope Warnock bangs Bausor and Gibson's head together and says if you don't get them in im walking. 

It's been a proper emotional roller-coaster this transfer window. 

Highs being good solid rumours, then for the let downs from Boros in competance in negotiations, or lack of will to get deals done. 

I hope the Journos haven't left because they thought their positions had become untenable, being asked to do something by the club to raise spirits of the fans when there is literally nothing to be cheery about right now. 

We as fans understand times are tough and different now, but to potentially have lost out on so many transfer targets just because we are unwilling to compromise just a little, is beyond belief.

So am I right in thinking we've had an absolute mare I went to bed at 10 woke up to Stewart not signing, sanogo talking to other clubs and a lad supposedly coming down from the highlands?  Jesus its pritty *** at the moment

Edited by scotty189
54 minutes ago, Duvel said:

People asking about problems between Mowbray and Gibson, I don't think they fell out but I think Mowbray felt hard done by at the club. 

He almost turned the job down at the beginning because he knew he'd be working with one arm behind his back. From what I was told Mowbray and his team felt like they were starting to slowly turn the club around and felt like a few more signings would have been enough to push us on. 

I remember being told that they'd been working on identifying players to come in one season and were told no money was available. Not long after that Mowbray was told that we were signing Woodgate. 

I'm not saying Mowbray was the perfect manager but I don't think he was ever given a chance to succeed here either. 

I wonder whether a similar thing could be happening now with Ben Gibson, he's not crocked like Woodgate but are we focused on bringing back a local lad because Gibson thinks it'll be popular with the fans and mask other deficiencies at the club? 

Ignoring The fact He's SG's nephew,If any of my nephews Had made a mistake (we've all made a few) I would bend over backwards to help them,And I shouldn't imagine Burnley don't want to be seriously out of pocket,Don't forget The turnstiles are not ticking over, Leaving EU (Bulkhaul is based there) all these need to be factored in to the Equation

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)