oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

17 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

If it takes playing a game to impress upon those in charge that we need players in, then they clearly have no clue at all.

Not at all. Owners will know, but it would be remiss of a manager not to make a point in what is effectively a pre season game. All part of the politics.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

My prediction is that we will get some good players in, but it will happen in the last week. We will then end around 8-10 on the table and everyone will be complaining that we didn’t get them in quick enough. 

it’s not the fault of the club that either. We all know the last minute rush of the window. We are playing hard ball now and it will change once we get to the end of the window which, for no ones benefit, is weeks into the season.

its understandably frustrating for fans who see the fixture list coming up quickly and a tough start to the season.  

Yeah come on guys refrain from match chat let SmogDane get the thread up and we will then be able to discuss to our hearts content the new vibrant and exciting team they call The Boro!

Would suggest that as many as possible pm @SmogDane to get him to get the threa up asap.

Trouble is will he sing and play his guitar again?

Will he give us as much info as possible about Shrewsbury, does he even know where the place is and names of any players?

So many questions😉

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Hewie said:

My prediction is that we will get some good players in, but it will happen in the last week. We will then end around 8-10 on the table and everyone will be complaining that we didn’t get them in quick enough. 

it’s not the fault of the club that either. We all know the last minute rush of the window. We are playing hard ball now and it will change once we get to the end of the window which, for no ones benefit, is weeks into the season.

its understandably frustrating for fans who see the fixture list coming up quickly and a tough start to the season.  

Problem is we used the same tactic the last two summers and it didn't work. Under pulis we would up with saville on the last day and under woodgate we managed to get no one over the line until January. 

51 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd be playing Bola at left back if they're not trying to ship him out.

He looked out of his depth last season, but he's still young and played very well in his one full season with Blackpool.

To be honest it was very harsh of us to throw him into the starting 11 for Leeds away for him to be destoryed and Knock his confidence. So does deserve a 2nd chance

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

A striker who can't score from a relegated side, who were also lowest scoring team in their league, and a defensive midfielder from the worst defence in our league who were also relegated, and then goalkeepers and a handful of whispers about lower league players.

It's all the worse if they're having to pull out PR stunts to sign dross like Sanogo.

Just to put things into perspective, we signed George Friend from a Doncaster side who finished 24th and conceded 80 goals (1st for goals against). We signed Grant Leadbitter the same summer from an Ipswich side that finished 15th and conceded 77 goals (joint 2nd highest).

Then the summer after we signed Dimi from a relegated AEK Athens side. We signed Adomah from a relegated Bristol side who scored 59 goals (which was the 7th lowest goal for). Personally Adomah contributed to 7 goals in 40 games the season Bristol were relegated (Sanogo has 3 in 15)*.

Judging players by a teams performance is a dangerous game.

* I get that Adomah and Sanogo play in different positions.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Just to put things into perspective, we signed George Friend from a Doncaster side who finished 24th and conceded 80 goals (1st for goals against). We signed Grant Leadbitter the same summer from an Ipswich side that finished 15th and conceded 77 goals (joint 2nd highest).

Then the summer after we signed Dimi from a relegated AEK Athens side. We signed Adomah from a relegated Bristol side who scored 59 goals (which was the 7th lowest goal for). Personally Adomah contributed to 7 goals in 40 games the season Bristol were relegated (Sanogo has 3 in 15)*.

Well said this man. It's not about the team it's about the player and what they bring

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

It's a fair point, and I'd personally have no issues with Stewart joining, but I just think Sanogo is going to be a dud wherever he ends up.

Even ignoring the team, his own career stats are rubbish.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

There's no way hall or fry should be anywhere near playing Friday, with out luck they'll both get injured. 

I’d prefer they had a competitive game together before the league starts. They can get injured in any match, you can say don’t pick them in the first league game in case they get injured for the second game. 

• Like 3
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)