oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

So how are we starting the season if as im expecting no players coming in for me:

..........................Pears....................

..........Fry...........Hall............McNair.........

Coulsen...........................................Spence

..........Saville......Howson.........Tav........

..................Fletch.......Britt............

Looks fairly decent, one injuruy away at the back and uptop from disaster, bench would be weak also,

DSteel, Wing, Brown,Stubbs, Walker ????? 

maybe the full backs on the correct side?

1 minute ago, scotty189 said:

So how are we starting the season if as im expecting no players coming in for me:

..........................Pears....................

..........Fry...........Hall............McNair.........

Coulsen...........................................Spence

..........Saville......Howson.........Tav........

..................Fletch.......Britt............

Looks fairly decent, one injuruy away at the back and uptop from disaster, bench would be weak also,

DSteel, Wing, Brown,Stubbs, Walker ????? 

5 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I'd agree with Gaston to a degree, we did actually get a good deal there but its not one many in the league could do now.

Adomah isnt a bad shout actually, probably the last one

There was far more bargains to be had in League One then too. Adomah was a pretty small fee, Toney has just gone for £10m. I think Adomah would cost closer to £5m in todays market as League One teams seem to have realised they can demand more for their top talent.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

It is true though. When it comes to the in demand players we cant compete anymore, even when we were a big deal in this league we had to pay more to convince players to come here over other clubs.

Now we dont have promotion aspirations we would have to pay even more to win players over but we dont have the capacity.

But on the other hand we have missed out on at least one player this summer due to the club playing hardball over paultry sums.

So we have the worst of both worlds a market that we increasingly struggle in, and a poor set up that cant get what few deals do we get across the lines.

It actually mirrors our attacking as a team

Scott, by this stage everyone knows you're a troll, so why are we continuing this charade?

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

we got Ramirez because Southampton were desperate him out of the club and we should have realised that he was a time-bomb waiting to go off when he couldn't even manage thirty appearances over four seasons there...yes, he probably provided the spark to get us promoted...but he was also a huge factor in our relegation after spitting the dummy out ....all he had to do was finish the season for us and he couldn't even be bothered to do that....I know I am very much in the minority, but I would rather we never signed him after the effects he has had....people only remember his good games and conveniently forget the days he went through the motions

With Ramirez it was all about timing. We timed it right when we brought him in but didn't realise he had a self destructive "sell by" date which with hindsight we should have cashed in on.

He did provide a vital spark and a crucial one in getting us promoted. Perhaps Maddison could be a similar catalyst with the proviso that Warnock manages to get the best out of him whilst realising Leopards don't change their spots and jettisoning at the right time before dragging us back down again?

• Like 1

If we don’t bring another striker in I’d go for a 3-4-3

————————Stojanovic————————

———Djiksteel——Hall——Fry—————

Spence——McNair——Saville——Coulson

———Tavernier——————Browne———

————————Fletcher————————

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

With Ramirez it was all about timing. We timed it right when we brought him in but didn't realise he had a self destructive "sell by" date which with hindsight we should have cashed in on.

He did provide a vital spark and a crucial one in getting us promoted. Perhaps Maddison could be a similar catalyst with the proviso that Warnock manages to get the best out of him whilst realising Leopards don't change their spots and jettisoning at the right time before dragging us back down again?

Or realised that when he had signed his pre-contract with Penarol that he really wasn't very committed to us. 

Personally I think Djiksteel is going to be very important for us this season.

With his injury out of the way (hopefully) I saw a continuing improvement from him in the games he played .

I honestly believe that we have a very good player in the making on our books and I hope Warnock brings the best out of him.

Going to predict that he will be the highest goal scorer out of defence for us this season giving Spence/Johnson a run.

So like Browne we could consider him a fresh signing because of how last season panned out for him

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I would love to hear an example of an 'exciting' signing we have made in the last 5-10 years who we didnt pay big money for or offer big wages to attract, I will admit I am wrong if there are examples but it seems pretty clear that the only way we have even been successful in our recent history is through paying above our means.

That is not to say we cant change tact and attract less well known players or find young players and make them better and into exciting players but these rafts of fans looking through players stats or judging on the names are going to be very disappointed

Isn't that the case for all Championship clubs though? Exciting players don't come to the Championship to savour the experience. Unless they have an affinity for a club they come for the money. Look at the money other teams have to pay for exciting players; Forest paid 15 mil for that portuguese midfielder. Fulham paid 10 mil for both Knockeart and Cavaleiro who hadn't really done anything in the prem. Brentford get some right but still paid 6 million when they bought Mbuemo i Ligue 2. Leeds paid 15 mil for Costa and 10 mil for Bamford both of whom are no more than Championship standard albeit what you'd probably describe as exciting players. Bottom line is you pay top money for exciting players to come to the Championship unless you are lucky and get someone from lower leagues.

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)