oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I think this new trend of not giving into agents and players wage demands is a refreshing change personally. The club feels like it's going through a reset and it may take a couple of seasons till we're ready to compete again, but if we can get the base of a cheaper squad together that looks like it can compete that's when we should be splashing out looking for those couple of players to give us that x-factor.

At the moment we can't afford anyone that will make our starting 11 better and all of the players suggested so far seem to suggest they were targeted for depth. If that's the case then there's really no rush to get them in at the risk of being taken for a ride. The clubs aim for me at the moment should be sustainability, it's not sexy but it is necessary.

• Like 3
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

No one is disagreeing about the mistakes and downright bad decisions the club has made but we dont need to keep going over it. We can all agree Gibson took his eye off the ball and we have spent both beyond our means for decades but this has only been excerbated by signings that were garbage in the last 4 years plus. 3 of our last 5 managerial choices were downright awful too.

Going over the issues that have got us here is all well and good but its been done to death, we need to talk about what we doing now and what we can do now.

Warnock has came into the club, by all accounts the scouting and recruitment has been looked at and Gill is being moved aside. Information tells us we can offer decent wages but probably not much transfer wise and Warnock has came out and said we are working hard for breakthrough and finding it difficult but the window isnt closed and its clear we are trying to change which is what people have asked for. Unless people specifically want further members of staff (Neil Bausor) fired or the chairman to step aside, I am not sure what more can be done in this moment.

Where it becomes negative is when the disillusionment and not expecting it to get better manifests in doom mongering and panicking when there is still time left in the window and where we have a manager who can improve us

I have zero confidence in it getting better though, I simply can’t get excited over this club any more. After seasons of big promises and let downs I simply don’t care. 
Pulis playing for a 0-0 draw in the play off away leg then waving good buy to the only 2 forwards we had who provided any excitement sucked the passion out of me. We sold our 3 best players and replaced them with dross in positions we were already stocked up in.

We couldn’t and continue to be unable to sign any kind of attacking player. I just don’t care any more.

• Like 2

Have to say there have been some terrific and very well considered posts made, just goes to show how much passion we have for this shared subject otherwise know as Middlesbrough Football Club.

Very little any of us can do about it save where ever possible to get behind Neil Warnock and those players who represent us in each and every game.

We have something to follow and support through good and bad times which is a plus for me at the moment, in fact the uncertainty of it all is quite exciting as long as we folk feel that the team did their best, made a real effort and played as a team then everything else really does not matter at this time.

I love the Boro, always have and always will until it is my time to go!

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I have zero confidence in it getting better though, I simply can’t get excited over this club any more. After seasons of big promises and let downs I simply don’t care. 
Pulis playing for a 0-0 draw in the play off away leg then waving good buy to the only 2 forwards we had who provided any excitement sucked the passion out of me. We sold our 3 best players and replaced them with dross in positions we were already stocked up in.

We couldn’t and continue to be unable to sign any kind of attacking player. I just don’t care any more.

But you do really because that is clear to see, the pull of another signing could bandage old wounds

• Like 1

I know I'm the new boy here but, after a short time following this and other commentaries, I believe I detect a certain amount of muddled thinking.

Have we been through an extended period of poor recruitment, strange decision making, spending too much money on players who weren't up to standard, and too many dreadful match results??  I think yes.  Not very many folk would disagree with that.

But we can't change what's in the past.  It's an entirely different matter to adopt positive mental attitudes now (sorry, I know it's a worn out old cliché), look forward to a brighter season ahead of us, put forward constructive suggestions where probs can be fixed and improvements made (positivity in action), and disregard the pessimistic and defeatist remarks that aim to drag us all down.  I still expect us to be in the top eight at Christmas.  A position we can build on.  Onwards and upwards, as the man said...

• Like 4
1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

I do completely understand where your coming from and I desperately hope you and fans alike are given a bit of hope and excitement again. Its pretty indefensible how poor the standard has been for a while now, both on and off the pitch

6 minutes ago, Herbivorous said:

I know I'm the new boy here but, after a short time following this and other commentaries, I believe I detect a certain amount of muddled thinking.

Have we been through an extended period of poor recruitment, strange decision making, spending too much money on players who weren't up to standard, and too many dreadful match results??  I think yes.  Not very many folk would disagree with that.

But we can't change what's in the past.  It's an entirely different matter to adopt positive mental attitudes now (sorry, I know it's a worn out old cliché), look forward to a brighter season ahead of us, put forward constructive suggestions where probs can be fixed and improvements made (positivity in action), and disregard the pessimistic and defeatist remarks that aim to drag us all down.  I still expect us to be in the top eight at Christmas.  A position we can build on.  Onwards and upwards, as the man said...

People like to moan an I love reading their moans often the moan is exacly how many of us feel, but you are right and I intend not to moan too much becuase we have not played a game yet.

One thing for sure we will not go through what we went through last season, no much worse things to worry about if finances go pear shaped but I live in a happy place with Blanco🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

People like to moan an I love reading their moans often the moan is exacly how many of us feel, but you are right and I intend not to moan too much becuase we have not played a game yet.

One thing for sure we will not go through what we went through last season, no much worse things to worry about if finances go pear shaped but I live in a happy place with Blanco🙃

Good man Alan, we are currently joint top of the league and haven't even conceded a goal all season 😄

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Warnock confirms suspicions about going with 532, says he's targeting bringing in 2 strikers and a midfielder (presumably along with a CB+GK).

Says he's hopeful we get one in next week and a couple more in the weeks after.

Hope it's Gibson and we see and end to the longest running transfer in history 

• Haha 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)