oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Read again. It doesnt say that.

Apologies, you're right. If Warnock means what he says then I'd assume we will get that man in soon as that is well within our budget,

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

We shouldn’t be paying anything over 8k for a 3rd choice striker.

We offered Moore the best wages he had on the table that was close to 20k, with the 2 striker formation you need to allocate money into the 3rd choice especially as they're likely to get 30+ games for the season.

Sanogo was on 20k at Toulouse was one of their highest earners as they got relegated he's not coming for less than 15k I imagine that's why I suspect he was the anecdote Warnock was using. Still not entirely clear whether we want Zohore AND Sanogo or we're going for Zohore because Warnock thinks Sanogo is stalling the article never quite makes that distinction.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

No, I think what he saying is he wanted 30, we said no and a few weeks later he's now asking for 15

That’s how I read it. So if he wants to come now the logical contract to offer him would be 5 magic beans

• Like 1

I understand the nervy comparisons with last Summer but stop for just a second and think, Woodgate was a stooge, a Patsy, a Fall Guy and not all but most of us knew it at the time. Warnock however is most definitely not gullible or about to see his career reputation tarnished because of duplicitous goings on behind the scenes.

He is pragmatic and will know what the club/he has to spend and as he has already intimated that he isn't going to be pushing for Gestede type contracts under the present circumstances. In football, as in life plans and objectives change, none more so than in 2020. Maybe the hope was 6 weeks ago that we could cash in on Britt and McNair but maybe the new reality is that here they will be staying unless a ridiculous late offer comes in. Either way its far better to bull up his Players both for the benefit of his team and just in case an offer does come in for a Player that is "highly regarded" rather than a squad outcast. Devaluing his assets would be a crassly stupid managerial technique in any walk of life.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Don't worry, this season will be the one the exact same midfield and wide players suddenly become able to break teams down at home 

Is the signing of Roberts a definte no go now?

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I understand the nervy comparisons with last Summer but stop for just a second and think, Woodgate was a stooge, a Patsy, a Fall Guy and not all but most of us knew it at the time. Warnock however is most definitely not gullible or about to see his career reputation tarnished because of duplicitous goings on behind the scenes.

He is pragmatic and will know what the club/he has to spend and as he has already intimated that he isn't going to be pushing for Gestede type contracts under the present circumstances. In football, as in life plans and objectives change, none more so than in 2020. Maybe the hope was 6 weeks ago that we could cash in on Britt and McNair but maybe the new reality is that here they will be staying unless a ridiculous late offer comes in. Either way its far better to bull up his Players both for the benefit of his team and just in case an offer does come in for a Player that is "highly regarded" rather than a squad outcast. Devaluing his assets would be a crassly stupid managerial technique in any walk of life.

Hey all we need to do is learn how to win at home and things could be a lot brighter for all things bright and boroful!

• Like 2

Really interesting article and it does seem to back up what we’ve been seeing with out of contract players not getting snapped up. If they think they can ask for a big signing on fee and bumper wages because there’s no transfer fee, it’s good to see it’s not only us being unprepared to pay. It might bring salaries down to a manageable level. I suspect that’s the issue with Stewart as well, rejected our offer expecting better elsewhere and now he’s sat without a club. Maybe things will get moving closer to deadline day. 

I know it’s frustrating but I’m pleased we’re not being held to ransom. 

• Like 3

Got a text off a mate just now saying Gibson is supposedly close to joining Norwich. We couldn't agree terms with Burnley. 

Can imagine a bit of a meltdown commencing if this turns out to be true...

Don't shoot the messenger fellas

4 minutes ago, Tarmo said:

Got a text off a mate just now saying Gibson is supposedly close to joining Norwich. We couldn't agree terms with Burnley. 

Can imagine a bit of a meltdown commencing if this turns out to be true...

Don't shoot the messenger fellas

I'm hearing similar tbh

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)