oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

6 hours ago, Brunners said:

🙂

We start with a decent first 11, I would actually agree with that. Our squad is not decent though, because it's not big enough. At the moment our bench is going to consist almost entirely of kids. We need better than that.

If we're skint (which it looks like we are) I'd be quite happy getting behind the team we have now and chucking the kids in from time to time. I'd feel more passion getting behind a group of lads who are playing for the club  instead of some journeymen, especially with Warnock pulling the strings. Akin to Rioch in the 80's with Mowbray and the young players he had. 

It's a far throw from the times we'd become use to but I'd just like to see some passion around the club and I don't think there is any better manager at this level to install that passion then Neil Warnock. It might even wake Steve Gibson up from the coma he seems to have slipped into. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I think that striker who wanted 35k but is now going for 15k is Chris Martin.

Derby could not agree a deal for him at very start of window and he has since then been on market despite on face of it being one of the better free transfers available.

He now on verge of joining bristol city. 

Wouldn't pay him 10p

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Well if its true then it gets that millstone from around our neck, the expectations and possibility of it going wrong and not the player he was perhaps. Plus Burnley will have to pay us the money they owe us to complete any deal with Norwich. So it wouldnt all be gloom and doom.

Suddenly he's a millstone🤣

• Haha 2

If warnock wants to play 3.5.2 i can only assume he wants 1 more centre back.

He currently has Hall and Fry. I full expect Dijksteel to be used as a 3rd CB this season in same way Engksnd used Kyle Walker at WC.

I assume Wood and Paddy will provide the back up to them positions given Warnocks comments today. 

A back 3 of Fry Hall and Gibson would be great with other 3 as back up for that position 

He has confirmed he wants 2 strikers and a midfielder in that echo article. I would say a GK and CB are others.

Gibson coming or going was a win for us either way. If he’s going we get an extra £5m ish from Burnley to play about with. Think a left footed centre back in a back 3 is very important personally 

12 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I think that striker who wanted 35k but is now going for 15k is Chris Martin.

Derby could not agree a deal for him at very start of window and he has since then been on market despite on face of it being one of the better free transfers available.

He now on verge of joining bristol city. 

I find it hard to believe he’d need to shop himself around for £15k a week in this league.

I just wanna be sat there on a rainy Tuesday night, watching the opposing winger tear down the wing about to deliver a killer cross but out of no where Nathan wood comes in, sliding  about 8 meters and gets the ball smashed in his face and instantly jumps up and grabs the badge screaming "come on, this is BORO!!!!!!"

Is that too much to ask?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Some left footed CBs from the Prem

Gibbo

Paul Dummett

Ciaran Clark

Jake Clarke-Salter 

Max Kilman

Goncalo Cardoso  

Tim Ream

Jairo Riedewald

Maxime Le Marchand

Kortney Hause

I'll be very disappointed if Gibson doesn't come back, but I do think it'd do him good to have a successful spell with a side that wasn't owned by his uncle.

It would remove a question mark that would inevitably hover over his career, presuming it went well at Norwich.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Neil Warnock says he thinks Lee Bowyer’s claims are misleading. “I spoke to Steve Gallen at Charlton about somebody else and they mentioned the goalkeeper, not me.” [@HPoolMail] 

Hopefully Bonne 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Some left footed CBs from the Prem

Gibbo

Paul Dummett

Ciaran Clark

Jake Clarke-Salter 

Max Kilman

Goncalo Cardoso  

Tim Ream

Jairo Riedewald

Maxime Le Marchand

Kortney Hause

Not a bad list to be fair, considering left footed CBs are at an absolute premium across the globe. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)