oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Surely we wouldn’t go for both Morsy and Glazer?

I hope we do. This is based purely on youtube videos mind, so hardly convincing evidence. I think they would enable us to play different formations effectively and would compliment each other well. Probably wont happen mind.

5 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I hope we do. This is based purely on youtube videos mind, so hardly convincing evidence. I think they would enable us to play different formations effectively and would compliment each other well. Probably wont happen mind.

Fair enough. From what I know about them (admittedly not a great deal) they are both fairly similar players which made me think the club just wanted one of them. If we did get both we’d surely be selling a CM as well.

https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/tmw-spezia-ecco-il-portiere-in-chiusura-zoet-dal-psv-accordo-biennale-1429224

https://www.okcalciomercato.it/spezia-in-arrivo-zoet-dal-psv/?amp

Zoet apparently closing in on signing a 2 year contract with Spezia expected to be completed tomorrow.

Even if we miss out it again shows we're casting a wide net.

19 hours ago, Old Codger said:

One of the things I found out about my father late in his life was that he was involved in the extended fracas with that creep's thugs that began in North Ormesby and ended up in the so-called Battle of Stockton...made me look at him in a totally different way after that 

My grandad was involved in the north Ormsby fracas too

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/tmw-spezia-ecco-il-portiere-in-chiusura-zoet-dal-psv-accordo-biennale-1429224

https://www.okcalciomercato.it/spezia-in-arrivo-zoet-dal-psv/?amp

Zoet apparently closing in on signing a 2 year contract with Spezia expected to be completed tomorrow.

Even if we miss out it again shows we're casting a wide net.

Missing out on another target, sorry, I don’t see any positives even if we are looking far and wide. We’re getting closer to the curtain raiser and we’re still in a worse position squad wise than we were last season. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
12 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Missing out on another target, sorry, I don’t see any positives even if we are looking far and wide. We’re getting closer to the curtain raiser and we’re still in a worse position squad wise than we were last season. 

We don't know how "close" we were to signing him or even if we were actually after him. It could well be agent talk trying to get Spezia to up their offer! 

Cheer up KM. 

3 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Hofmann should be the type of player we are looking for imo, great stat breakdown as well to back up your points. Do we even have scouts in the German leagues? I can’t even remember the last player we got from there?

i remember seeing him play for brentford. he was an absolute donkey. terrible back than.

46 minutes ago, "KM" said:

We have no idea how much of a target he was mate, he didn't appear anywhere other than one random dutch link.

49 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I think a positive amidst the 'missed out' targets has been we have coughed up millions of pounds for these guys whether it's Moore/Williams/Goode and if we even just looked at Zoet he'd be costing a million easily and a hefty wage pretty evident Warnock has been given free reign at valuing players and putting in offers.

As it stands we haven't sold anyone we still have fan favourites like Spence/Coulson/Tav, we've actually settled on a system and are recruiting for that system and we've stumbled on a way to get Dijksteel and Spence in the team together we really do only need 4-5 players. There's still plenty of time and apparently plenty of money in Warnock's pockets to get quality players in.

Add some firepower up front, get a holding midfielder in, commanding GK and probably another CB no reason Warnock can't do good things with that squad. Cardiff had players in their promotion squad that were worse individually than we have but he moulded them into a collective unit that functions he has more firepower in our strikers than he had from Madine/Ward/Zohore we just need an extra couple of options up there so we're stocked up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Hofmann should be the type of player we are looking for imo, great stat breakdown as well to back up your points. Do we even have scouts in the German leagues? I can’t even remember the last player we got from there?

Warnock spent £6mill on Glatzel who has hardly set the world alight, so that may put him off 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I think a positive amidst the 'missed out' targets has been we have coughed up millions of pounds for these guys whether it's Moore/Williams/Goode and if we even just looked at Zoet he'd be costing a million easily and a hefty wage pretty evident Warnock has been given free reign at valuing players and putting in offers.

As it stands we haven't sold anyone we still have fan favourites like Spence/Coulson/Tav, we've actually settled on a system and are recruiting for that system and we've stumbled on a way to get Dijksteel and Spence in the team together we really do only need 4-5 players. There's still plenty of time and apparently plenty of money in Warnock's pockets to get quality players in.

Add some firepower up front, get a holding midfielder in, commanding GK and probably another CB no reason Warnock can't do good things with that squad. Cardiff had players in their promotion squad that were worse individually than we have but he moulded them into a collective unit that functions he has more firepower in our strikers than he had from Madine/Ward/Zohore we just need an extra couple of options up there so we're stocked up.

you are a really positive guy

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

you are a really positive guy

Every year people proclaim that the Championship is going to be dominated by X Y and Z before a balls kicked because they have such good players etc. Reality is 90% of the time this league is down to who performs the most consistent *ithouse football across a season, we have some good players across positions already we're not a million miles away at all.

If he can get 60+ goals come May and keep the goals conceded down we could be up there in the playoff mix easily, there is some potential in the squad McNair/Saville are quality players who've underperformed and Browne in a central midfield spot looks very comfortable.

If we get in 0 bodies or end up signing 3-4 33 year old plodders whose legs have gone I'd get the negativity but we're looking at the right type of players so far, Warnock knows what he's doing I'm honestly not sure our previous 3 managers did.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Every year people proclaim that the Championship is going to be dominated by X Y and Z before a balls kicked because they have such good players etc. Reality is 90% of the time this league is down to who performs the most consistent *ithouse football across a season, we have some good players across positions already we're not a million miles away at all.

If he can get 60+ goals come May and keep the goals conceded down we could be up there in the playoff mix easily, there is some potential in the squad McNair/Saville are quality players who've underperformed and Browne in a central midfield spot looks very comfortable.

If we get in 0 bodies or end up signing 3-4 33 year old plodders whose legs have gone I'd get the negativity but we're looking at the right type of players so far, Warnock knows what he's doing I'm honestly not sure our previous 3 managers did.

I can’t lie a few weeks ago I was feeling really bummed out about the upcoming season (I even posted about it). However, the mindset you’ve outlined is one I’ve adopted in the last week or so.  

Our squad is obviously too thin at the moment but there’s plenty of time to get the bodies in and, as you’ve noted, we don’t need too many now we’ve adapted to 3-5-2. If we can get those positions covered, and I’m honestly fairly confident we will at this stage, then I agree we can be up there next season. I’m just sad that I won’t be there to see the games - that’s my biggest barrier to excitement for next season. Utfb

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)