oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I find it odd Keith Downie knows Bettinelli arrived at Rockcliffe in last hour but has made no mention of Sanogo apparently also being there...

Ive been thinking the same thing. Surely if hes training the deal is done 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It doesn't matter because they aren't in the Premier League 🙂  I don't care about Boro making a profit.  Every football club should break even in my opinion but that's about it.  If you're making a profit and that money isn't being spent on the club then what does it matter?  It's just making money for someone else.

The owner has sunk £60m in.  The club owes him over £60m in loans that he's made to the club.  Their player sales have nothing to do with that.  They haven't made enough to build a new stadium, I'm not sure they are even paying for it exactly.  Residential properties are being built around the new stadium and the developer selling these will fund the new ground as will the properties being built where Griffin Park is now.  I think that all Brentford has contributed is the land although I dare some of it will be underwritten by their owner in some way.

We had a terrible season last season and we finished 17th.  Brentford had a great season last season and they finished 3rd.  By comparison it's easy to see why people would be so enamoured with them.  However, in the previous three seasons they finished 11th, 9th and 10th.  In the same seasons we were finishing 7th, 5th and 19th in the Premier League.  There is no way on Earth that anyone on here would have been happy with us finishing 11th, 9th and 10th over that same period.  None of you would be and you know it.  You can talk Brentford up all you like, but before last season their seasons wouldn't have even been close to good enough for us.

As soon as they get promoted then we can all congratulate them on a job well done.  But they have to get over the line first before we should be praising them as the model of how to run a club.

Fair play CT, spot on!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Ive been thinking the same thing. Surely if hes training the deal is done 

You mean like Ben Gibson?

seriously all the free agents have to be training somewhere if they are to be ready for the season. If he has said he wants to come to Boro, but just need a few things ironing out in his contract, would we not allow him to train? That might be true, or could be him using us and waiting for other offers to be upped. Would be a gamble maybe, but if we refused he would potentially go to a rival to train.

I’ll  only believe he is actually signing when we see the obligatory photo with pen or shirt in hand.

44 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I find it odd Keith Downie knows Bettinelli arrived at Rockcliffe in last hour but has made no mention of Sanogo apparently also being there...

I'm pretty sure he was with Gary Gill this afternoon, so he's on Teesside at least.

I think we are being linked with some positive names that will do well under Warnock. Woodrow would be the pick of the names linked so far for me, so fingers crossed on him and Morsy too. 

The Shrewsbury game still highlights to me that we need to strengthen at the back, so I hope that is something we are still looking to do although there are no real mentions of defenders in the rumours. I thought Warnock would have loved Moukoudi in particular. 

Just to add some more positive vibes, all my mates who have teams in the Championship, really fancy us this year all because of Warnock. I don't think we can underestimate the Warnock effect. 

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)