oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I don't think anyone is saying they'd rather have Clayton over Morsey, its just a discussion about past players. 

Of course it was the right time to move certain players on, but I think we can still respect what ex players like Clayton and Friend did for us without pining for their return. 

From what ive read about Morsey he sounds like a good signing, hopefully we'll be looking for one or two creative players as well but honestly I'm not sure how high on our priority list creative players are. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Because it makes it look like we should have kept them, I suppose? I don't agree, mind. I don't think Clayton fits into what we're doing, I think he absolutely suits what Brum are now doing. I also think both are much happier where they are now, both back working with the manager they loved working with the most, able to put the history behind them and start something new. I'm not too surprised to see the improved performances from them today.

Yeah I guess.  It's not like either of them never had a good game over the last couple of years though.  It's just that the bad games, and bad mistakes, became more frequent (in the case of Friend), and Clayton struggled to impose himself on games in the same way he had been able to in the past.  I hope they do well at Birmingham, other than against us of course, and the same goes for Shotton, wherever he ends up.  I wish I could say something similar about Johnson but we appear to be stuck with him 🤦‍♂️

Just now, Duvel said:

I don't think anyone is saying they'd rather have Clayton over Morsey, its just a discussion about past players. 

Of course it was the right time to move certain players on, but I think we can still respect what ex players like Clayton and Friend without pining for their return. 

From what ive read about Morsey he sounds like a good signing, hopefully we'll be looking for one or two creative players as well but honestly I'm not sure how high on our priority list creative players are. 

Zzzz

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Me neither.  Always want to move forwards, it's just that we haven't really done much of that (yet) I suppose.  I'd rather take a shot with Morsy than with what we've seen from Clayton over the last couple of seasons for example.  The fact that we haven't done our incoming business as well as we'd hoped, doesn't make me feel differently about our outgoing business.  It just means we need to get our *** together, if you'll pardon the language.

Can't disagree with any of that

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's not just 'the job of a CDM', it was his role within Karanka's system. Apart from Leadbitter during one season where he banged in a few from range, who else in that midfield area scored goals? They didn't need to and the proof showed in our eventual success.

Personally I thought our limited ability in midfield was our Major weakness and in a way still is. I found it telling that Karanka in the premiership replaced Clayton straight away, as has every preceding manager since that summer. Clayton got back in due to de roons injury but let’s not forget we had to change to 433 as he was badly over ran in the 4231 at premiership level.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)